Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is America Doomed?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HarryH3, May 4, 2004.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I got these article via email. Interesting stuff. Will we drown in our own inaction?

From "Human Events," the national conservative weekly newspaper (humaneventsonline.com):
    Lawlessness on the Border

by Phyllis Schlafly
    Posted Apr 26, 2004

The television news media bring us daily, graphic reports from Iraq, where valiant Americans are battling danger, death and destruction of property. So why don't we get coverage about similar dramatic and scary confrontations taking place on the U.S. border?

The compelling truth about the danger and devastation on America's southern border is crying out to be told. Americans need to hear from the likes of Erin Anderson, whose family homesteaded in Cochise County on the Arizona-Mexico border in the late 1880s.

Ms. Anderson says these American pioneers can't live on their own property any more because it's too dangerous. They can't ranch it. They can't sell it.

It isn't safe to go on their own property without a gun, a cell phone, and a two-way radio. Their land has been stolen from them by illegal aliens while public officials turn a deaf ear.

Cochise County in the Tucson sector is the major smuggling route for illegal aliens and drugs, and literally thousands cross every night. The Border Patrol admits to apprehending one out of five illegals, but many think it's only one out of ten.

The number of illegal aliens apprehended on the southern border jumped 25% in the first three months of 2004 compared with last year. In Tucson the increase was 51%, in Yuma, it was 60%.

The news of President Bush's amnesty proposal spread like wildfire as far south as Brazil. After Border Patrol agents reported that the illegals said the amnesty proposal had prompted them to come, U.S. agents were told not to ask the question any more.

Ms. Anderson says that American landowners watch in horror as their lands, water troughs and tanks, and animals are destroyed. The daily trampling of thousands of feet has beaten the ground into a hard pavement on which no grass will grow for the cattle.

Places that the illegals use as layover sites, where they rest or wait for the next ride, are littered with mountains of trash, garbage, open latrines, and plastic bags, diapers and wrappers of all kinds. When indigenous wildlife and cattle eat the plastic and refuge, they die, so the local residents try to clean up the sites as often as they can.

The large number of discarded medicine wrappers indicates the prevalence of disease among the illegals. It is estimated that 10% of all illegals are carriers of Chagas, a potentially fatal disease that is widespread in Central America.

Sometimes the local Americans who clean up the sites pick up pocket trash: scraps of paper with the name and phone number of the illegal alien's destination in the United States. This indicates that these border crossings are a very well organized migration.

Other suspicious items picked up by local residents include Muslim prayer rugs and notebooks written in both Arabic and Spanish. These items came from OTMs (Other Than Mexicans) and a subcategory called Special Interest Aliens, who are illegals coming from terrorist sponsoring countries.

The increased crime rate is frightening. Arizona has the highest rate of car theft in the nation, and residents risk home invasion and personal attacks.

The increase in violence is very intimidating to American residents. They are afraid to speak out because someone takes note of who they are and where they live, and gives that information to smuggler cartels in Mexico.

People-smuggling by men known as coyotes has piggybacked on the already well established drug-smuggling networks and infrastructure, and has become the third largest source of income for organized crime. Drug smuggling and human smuggling are now interchangeable.

Smuggling has become a recognized industry in Mexico. The smuggling route is very mechanized, and some northern Mexican villages have become known as smuggling industry towns.

Illegals fly or take a bus from anywhere in Mexico or Central America to an industry town like Altar in the northern region. They are driven to the Arizona border, walk a few miles across the border, and then are picked up by shuttle buses which take them north to Tucson or Phoenix.

People smuggling is so lucrative and pervasive that it is corrupting some local American high school kids. Youngsters can make thousands of dollars a week by picking up illegal aliens on the road and driving them to the Phoenix airport.

When is the Bush Administration going to put troops on our southern border to stop these crimes, and when are the media going to interview Erin Anderson and other Arizonans so the American people can know what is really going on?

From Frontpagemag.com:

How to Destroy America

By Frosty Wooldridge
    MediaByPass.com | March 22, 2004

In late October 2003, I attended an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, D.C., filled to capacity by many of America's finest minds and leaders. Writers, speakers, CEOs and representatives from Congress such as Tom Tancredo as well as former governors graced the podium. Bonnie Eggle - mother of the national parks ranger Chris Eggle slain by Mexican drug runners last year on our unguarded southern border -- gave a compelling speech that left not one dry eye in the place. Peter Gadiel, father of Jamie Gadiel, spoke powerfully on how the World Trade Center took his son and how nothing has been done since to stop the flow of illegal immigration into the United States. Even with the façade of Tom Ridge's Homeland Security, 800,000 illegal aliens continue walking, crawling or tunneling across the Mexican border annually. Their accelerating numbers are undermining America's ability to function.

During the conference, speaker after speaker astounded the audience with facts on how fast the present administration and Congress continue dismantling the American Dream for average citizens. Mr. Rob Sanchez of Arizona showed how H1-B and L-1 visas have ripped one million high tech jobs out of American worker's hands. Another speaker told a packed audience how "offshoring" and "outsourcing," fully supported by the president and Congress have cost over three million American jobs in the past six years. His prediction was even more depressing: "In excess of three million more jobs will be 'outsourced' within four years. Those American jobs are headed to Mexico, India, China, Pakistan and Brazil."

Later, a brilliant college professor named Victor Davis Hansen talked about his latest book, Mexifornia, explaining how immigration, both legal and illegal, was destroying the entire State of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of the American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. This writer sat in the audience spellbound by the eight methods for destruction of the United States.

He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall, and that, 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said. "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon - all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons and Corsicans.'"

Lamm went on, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds."

"We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multi-cultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an America, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50 percent dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology'. I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks: The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet, all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors…local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits - make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity'. I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th Century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate."

"Having made America a bilingual -- bicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: 'That because immigration has been good for America, it must ALWAYS be good.' I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. The profound silence allowed me to hear my heart beating. Finally, he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book Mexifornia. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate "diversity." American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as greedy corporations create a Third World in America - take note of California and other states - to date, 10 million illegal aliens and growing, fast.

It reminded me of George Orwell's book, 1984. In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength." I sat there as one of the most patriotic Americans I know, Governor Lamm, walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy, is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially the American Dream.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

A rumor that was going around when I first started at the new job was that the government was going to give agencies $$$ based on the illegals that they picked up.........................

Would be nice, we'd stay busy for a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

This is a horrible problem indeed. The majority of the marijuana smuggled into the US comes across the border, more of it is packed over on backs than you can imagine. When an illegal cant keep up in the desert they are left for dead or are shot execution style. These smugglers, both human and drug are animals. I simply dont understand why we listen to the bleeding heart liberals and just confront this. This problem can be handled despite what they say. Its a National shame. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they seem to feel its a secondary issue, though to me its been a primary one for a long time. And I live up here, I can't imagine how things are down along the border. I've seen many crews doing shoddy work and van loads of men I bet I could scatter by calling the INS.

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

The solution is simple. Place a 50 foot high tower every two miles along the border. In each tower place one sharpshooter with a night vision/thermal imaging equipped Barrett 82A1 .50 cal rifle. Cheaper in the long run. And VERY VERY effective. I wish it was the Canadians invading the country rather than the Mexicans. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Take a look at RR

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish it was the Canadians invading the country rather than the Mexicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry, it wont be too many years later before they invade Canada /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

thats why im joining the border patrol. I want to do my part to stop this crap!!!

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'd like to get some cheap land out along the border with nothing on it and just go out a few times per month and target practice...

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thank you for that imfo. Harry. Some people may hate me but I feel it is a major problem and to me it is terrorisum. I don't belive in any form of Sanish as a second laguage. If you moved to another country, would you learn there language? Of course you would but why would you when they change the language to yours? It just pisses me off.
    If we can't protect our boarders from immigation, why do we even waste our time at the airports? If I was a terrorist, I'd just go through the southern boarder with my bombs.
    I had one guy on this site get made at me when I said we should shoot to kill. He said his perents where illegals and that it should be OK but I don't! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I have NOTHING against mexican people that follow the proper channels just like everyone else but to say it's OK because my parents or grand parents did it is BS.
    I'll add to this later but I have to go now.
    GOT BUSH THE FOCK OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Thanks again Harry.

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats why im joining the border patrol. I want to do my part to stop this crap!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. You will be disapointed... Thier hands are tied. They can't do anything about it... I know a border patrol agent and he is beside himself with the problem.

11. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Is it illegal to kill illegal aliens?

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I can't speak for other states but it's legal to shoot-n-kill trespassers at night here in TX.

13. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you arent from a border state, heck the cops dont even bother the illegal immigrants as they wait for contractors to pick them up at the corners to do their illegal work. Our city has even built a center hub where the illegals and contractors looking for illegal help can get together, the center provides snacks, water and shade and the INS has agreed not to raid it. Dont forget to always follow the money........illegal help is very, very cheap especially with no insurance, workers comp or Social Security for the employer to withhold, plus the illegals will work US citizens into the ground at some jobs. Its a problem indeed. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you arent from a border state, heck the cops dont even bother the illegal immigrants as they wait for contractors to pick them up at the corners to do their illegal work. Our city has even built a center hub where the illegals and contractors looking for illegal help can get together, the center provides snacks, water and shade and the INS has agreed not to raid it. Dont forget to always follow the money........illegal help is very, very cheap especially with no insurance, workers comp or Social Security for the employer to withhold, plus the illegals will work US citizens into the ground at some jobs. Its a problem indeed. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I would be out of my mind if I lived there, just knowing such things go on makes me beside myself.

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Good stuff Harry. Goes back to my point in the Kerry is a douche bag thread about our government NOT doing their job. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    our government NOT doing their job.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Amen... But SO many Americans just ignore it all that it makes it possible for the gov't to just do whatever they want to do. I think it's a damn sad commentary on the state of the union that Bush and Kerry are supposedly the two best people in the country to run for President. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's a damn sad commentary on the state of the union that Bush and Kerry are supposedly the two best people in the country to run for President.

[/ QUOTE ]

What we need is a change in the political party landscape, starting with the leadership.

The Republicans piss me off cause they have their inner circle who decides on who is going to run, same with the democraps. The candidates 'of the people' never get the backing they deserve. Right now, the Republican party is sitting on a candidate that could turn politics upside down, but what are the chances of him getting to run in 2008? None.

18. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

19. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

This is from the link above.
    Here is another way of looking at it. Give this some thought when you think about all the problems we're having with Illegal Immigration.

The benefits of open immigration
    BY MICHAEL TANNER
    America has always been a nation of immigrants. Thomas Jefferson emphasized this basic part of the American heritage, taking note of "the natural right which all men have of relinquishing the country in which birth or other accident may have thrown them, and seeking subsistence and happiness wheresoever they may be able, and hope to find them."

The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of allowing free and open immigration, understanding that this leads to a growing and more prosperous America. We condemn the xenophobic immigrant bashing that would build a wall around the United States. At the same time, we recognize that the right to enter the United States does not include the right to economic entitlements such as welfare. The freedom to immigrate is a freedom of opportunity, not a guarantee of a handout.

A policy of open immigration will advance the economic well-being of all Americans. All major recent studies of immigrants indicate that they have a high labor force participation, are entrepreneurial, and tend to have specialized skills that allow them to enter under-served markets. Although it is a common misconception that immigrants "take jobs away from native-born Americans," this does not appear to be true. In 1989, the U.S. Department of Labor reviewed nearly 100 studies on the relationship between immigration and unemployment and concluded that "neither U.S. workers nor most minority workers appear adversely affected by immigration."

Indeed, most studies show that immigrants actually lead to an increase in the number of jobs available. Immigrants produce jobs in several ways: 1) They expand the demand for goods and services through their own consumption; 2) They bring savings with them that contribute to overall investment and productivity; 3) They are more highly entrepreneurial than native-born Americans and create jobs through the businesses they start; 4) They fill gaps in the low and high ends of the labor markets, producing subsidiary jobs for American workers; 5) Low-wage immigrants may enable threatened American businesses to survive competition from low-wage businesses abroad; and 6) They contribute to increased economic efficiencies through economies of scale.

Confirmation can be seen in a study by economists Richard Vedder and Lowell Galloway of Ohio University and Stephen Moore of the Cato Institute. They found that states with the highest rates of immigration during the 1980s also had the highest rates of economic growth and lowest rates of unemployment.

Studies also show that not only do immigrants not take jobs away from American workers, they also do not drive down wages. Numerous studies have demonstrated that increased immigration has little or no effect on the wages of most American workers, and may even increase wages at upper income levels.

Contrary to stereotypes, there is no evidence that immigrants come to this country to receive welfare. Indeed, most studies show that immigrants actually use welfare at lower rates than do native-born Americans. For example, a study of welfare recipients in New York City found that only 7.7% of immigrants were receiving welfare compared to 13.3% for the population as a whole. Likewise, a nationwide study by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found that 12.8% of immigrants were receiving welfare benefits, compared to 13.9% of the general population. Some recent studies indicate that the rate of welfare usage may now be equalizing between immigrants and native-born Americans, but, clearly, most immigrants are not on welfare.

The impact of immigrants on taxes is more equivocal. Most immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in government benefits. However, the majority of immigrant taxes are paid to the federal government, while immigrants tend to use mostly state and local services. This can place a burden on states and localities in high immigration areas.

However, the answer to this problem lies not in cutting off immigration, but in cutting the services that immigrants consume. The right to immigrate does not imply a right to welfare -- or any other government service. Moreover, this is not simply a matter of saving tax money. The Libertarian Party believes that most government welfare programs are destructive to the recipients themselves. Thus, immigrants would actually be better off without access to these programs. As Edward Crane, President of the Cato Institute, has put it:

"Suppose we increased the level of immigration, but the rule would be that immigrants and their descendants would have no access to government social services, including welfare, Social Security, health care, business subsidies, and the public schools. I would argue, first, that there would be no lack of takers for that proposition. Second, within a generation, we would see those immigrants' children going to better and cheaper schools than the average citizen; there would be less poverty, a better work ethic, and proportionately more entrepreneurs than in the rest of U.S. society; and virtually everyone in that group would have inexpensive high-deductible catastrophic health insurance, while the 'truly needy' would be cared for by an immigrant culture that gave proportionately more to charity."

Finally, any discussion of immigration must include a warning about the threat to civil liberties posed by many of the proposals to limit immigration. Recent legislation to restrict immigration has included calls for a national identity card for all Americans. Senator Diane Feinstein (CA-D) has suggested that such an ID card should contain an individual's photograph, fingerprints, and even retina scans. Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX) has proposed legislation that would require employers to consult a national registry of workers before hiring anyone, effectively giving the U.S. government control over every hiring decision by every business in America.

Other legislation has contained provisions penalizing people who fail to "inform" on people they "suspect" might be illegal immigrants. Such Orwellian nightmares have no place in a free society, but are the natural outgrowth of an obsession with restricting immigration.

20. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a third choice! Go to the <a href="www.lp.org" target="_blank">Libertarian Party</a> website for more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fourth that!