Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is anyone else tired of Cummins people fagging up threads?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This has been bothering me for a long time but the recent hostile takeover of my friend David's (a.k.a. big4x4ride) thread about what to do with his tow rig pushed me over the edge. It seems like ANY time someone asks about a 6.2L diesel and/or a towrig a few select members/mod jump in and begin touting the cummins. I for one am f'ing sick of it. Yes, the cummins is a good motor but there's more to a truck than the motor and despite "popular" opinion there are other motors that will get the job done just as well without the expense of a swap or having to deal with a ****ty dodge truck.

I think a rule should be enacted where if someone asks for 6.2 advice, only ONE MENTION of the cummins is allowed unless the original poster requests more info. Time and time again the cummins people have ruined a post by posting and arguing about it in someone who doesnt give a ****'s post. I, like 95% of the people here, have no interest in putting a cummins in a Chevy and for those that do, the topic has been beat to death so instead of derailing their post and causing it to get closed by a mod, recomend they research the forum archives and maybe post a link to another thread about cummins because for the love of god the proverbial dead horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp.

So I'm gonna piss people off, such is the way of the world. This pisses me off enough that I am certain others feel the same. I would not shed a tear if the word "cummins" was censored.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You read my opinion of that whole deal in the thread. I thought it was totally uncalled for. What was really stupid, is that the debate was mostly started by the 16 year old attention getter, and at least 2 people took the bait.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Agreed!!!!!!!! it is one thing to talk about them in a thread about them, but there is a certain group who trash post left and right with the topic.

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I hope I am not one of the people you are talking about, this is a quote from me on that thread:

And this:

I agree Robby talks up the Cummins WAY too much, it is an awesome engine, but geez, it is not the answer to everybodies problems.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ya lots of people have trashed the threads latly.:mad: and some of them need to shut up and get a clue before posting.:ignore: all we want is what was asked , is that to much to ask for?:confused: and thanks to those who do post acordingly .:thumb: :waytogo:

6. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Agreed!

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you see someone trashing a thread then pm me or one of the other super mods or the mod for that forum. include a link to the thread so we can put a stop to it. we dont see every post so a heads up is nice:D

8. sweetk30

ya but what if its a mod? if we tell do we get pissed on later?

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know chit about diesel , so I'll shut up about it now, LOL.

10. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Agreed. I only find myself talking about things I am educated on, not tryin to BS my way around people LOL. If not, I'll go educate myself before flaming on.

11. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Uh, yeah, part of the problem was a Mod. Should we have notified him?:confused:

BTW, whats a "super mod"? Does he wear a blue suit with a big "M" on his chest?:D

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the best is mentioning cummins when talking about seats or something lol

13. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Something about owning a cummins makes you a (naughty, naughty Brian;) ). If I see RJF bragging about his damn '2001.5' truck again I'm goin barf.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005
  14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I wonder who that would be:whistle:

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if a mod is involved then notify a super mod (super mods mod ALL forums here on ck5 other mods only mod specific forums) steve is aware of the mod in question and has talked to him about it so it should not be happening again. the others involved have been warned to not do it again or they are getting a 3 or 7 day vacation from ck5 if they continue after that they will be on a permanent vacation from ck5

16. sweetk30

thanks for the mod info on both sides of the spectrom. i didnt want to name names.

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, I think everyone got a chance to get this off their chests. Like Shannon said, Steve is dealing with it so hopefully this issue won't repeat itself.

I'm gonna lock this before it turns into a finger pointing expedition........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.