Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is anyone else unlevel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trollporter, May 8, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I have a 8" Geuine Supension leafs on the front of my K5 and for some reason the passenger side is sitting 5/8" lower than the drivers side. I measured from the axle tubes to the shop floor on both sides and mesurment is the same but from the frame to the floor it is 5/8" off. I put the springs on about a year ago and it looked fine then. I have not really wheeled it hard because it is a ongoing project, do you think my spring is starting to sag? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Does it measure this way all the time? Or is it different after a drive? I have noticed mine sits differently at times, but there was always a reason. Like how you pull in . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have noticed my poly bushings are kinda worn alittle on mine, nothing to worry about, but from sitting on them and when i flex it out, it's almost like the holes are larger now and they don't seat "tight" 'anymore, baybe that is the case here, just a bushing or two wearing out or something, tire pressures, tire wear,fat chicks sitting too long in the truck? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Don't feel bad. I have 6" springs and a zero rate and a D60 which is theoretically 8" of lift, and a 5 3/4" Echobit flip out back and my truck still sits too high in the back.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

He's referring to the measurement from side to side, not front to rear, which is all too common, but side to side, is kinda weird.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my truck is never level. The funny thing is, when the hardtop is on for a few weeks, the rear end is actually a tiny bit lower than the front.... when I take the hardtop off, eventually the azz end is sticking up in the air higher than the front sits. lol!

j

7. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

i just installed a 4 inch lift on my k-5.i got new springs all around front and back.The lift was put on Easter weekend so it has not even been on for a month.An the rear seems to sit lower than the front. Is it the same for you guys. So i`m unlevel to

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Throw a 1" zero rate in the rear spring pack and be done with the front to rear unlevelness, as far as the side to side unlevelness, look at the suspension components and keep the fat chick out of it for awhile. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.I was only unlevel front to rear. side to side is ok. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifAs far as fat chicks.I dont have any. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just my wife who aint fat, thank god /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Its not the fat chicks that make mine unlevel... its the fat-ass driver. I gotta throw a few bags of cement on the passenger side to level out even when the better half is in the truck with me. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif