Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is anyone going to the 'Big Texas Outing' in Uvalde?????

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BlazerGuy, Jun 24, 2002.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Is anyone going to the \'Big Texas Outing\' in Uvalde?????

Check out this link:
    www.texas4x4.com/uvaldebto/index.htm
    It has maps and write-ups from previous runs.

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Re: Is anyone going to the \'Big Texas Outing\' in Uvalde?????

I'm gonna be there. planning on the clean up in the morning then our group will be hitting the river around 10:00am.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Re: Is anyone going to the \'Big Texas Outing\' in Uvalde?????

I don't know if anyone was going from here, but here's the latest word on what's going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's official.... the 4th Big Texas Outing in Uvalde has been cancelled. They are in the middle of one of the worse floods ever.

From Rick Jones of South Texas Off-road:

"Due to no fault of my own, I am making the command decision of cancelling the run and clean up for the Big Texas Outing. If you have watched the news today you might have seen we got pounded with a huge amount of rain, I think this exceeded our 100-year flood back in 98. Both rivers are flowing out of their banks.

I have been up since 2am, helping evacuate and rescue people in Uvalde County. It's amazing, for those who have been here, Picture this, the Dry Frio, which you know, has to be 50+ feet from the bottom to the gravel, well, the water was going over it today. Hwy 90 in front of Wal-Mart was flooded and I was out in my Humvee and the water crested the hood at over 4 feet. It's amazing, I will try to get some video or Stills up on our website later this week.

I will refund all monies and donations tomorrow or ASAP, please if I somehow miss you send me your "Paid Confirmation Email" and I will get right on it. But let me have till Monday to try this on my own.

I am exhausted and might have to do this rescue thing again in a few hours. So please forward this information to your clubs and let them know there will be another date set in the future. In a month or so, the rivers will be available to make new trails again. Hope to see a few of you then.

Thanks for all the support and your patience.

Rick Jones
    Rickster@Texas4x4.com"

--------------------