Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is anyone here an ordained minister? (got a license to marry people?)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Shoot me a PM if you have a license to marry people (man and woman) ... I might have a proposition for ya

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Church of Fumes... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

seriously... ?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No...Am I ever... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

rarely... but its that rare nugget that almost always shocks me /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

www.ulc.org free online ordinations, I think there is a small fee to actually be licensed.

7. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

my g/f dad is a recently retired preacher if that helps btw if fumes does get one of them online i hope i'm invited /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Preacher in a box online huh....This may get interesting.... Say it with me...Minister Fumes.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

most states allow for a Justic of the Peace to marry. My old roomie got his JP in Florida, and married his brother...i think it cost like $80 with fees and the official stamp(required).

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yup. Got the card to prove it.

11. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Ryan..........WTF are you doing?

Funny story...My wife and I were married by an ordained minister, named Rooster, who happened to be an ex-hit-man bar owner that I have known for some time through the nudie bar that I work at. He is a cool guy, but kindof flakey. He shows up to my parents house, where the wedding is going to be, 1.5 hours late with a hangover minus the shower. My parents are very cool people, but that was a little much for my mom to handle gracefully. He has no clue what he was going to say or anything. My wedding video is Kim and Rooster and I standing in front of everybody we knew, including all of Kim's family that drove in from Montana to see our wedding, laughing hysterically and finally ending with her having to pee so bad that we just ran down the isle towards the house. I am very lucky that my wife has a good sence of humor. I figured that I was in so much trouble. I only regret now that I didn't know Fumes and Ryan and Shane then... you guys would have loved it. There was actually the neighbor's donkey baying in the background the whole time we were getting married. My black comedian freind, Floyd, literally fell out of his chair laughing. All in all, it was a fun wedding, but I would take the J.P. route, or even better, go to Vegas for the weekend and have your folks watch the boys. Please let me know what you decide to do.T-roy

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    go to Vegas for the weekend and have your folks watch the boys

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nah just have Shane marry you guys in my backyard... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifWhiskey , goats and preacher Shane... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Whiskey , goats and preacher Shane...

[/ QUOTE ]

'Fumes - I now pronounce you ma-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n and go-o-o-o-o-o-at. Now where's my whiskey? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifDid I mention I have chickens noww, maybe I could get a polygamy group rate....BUK BUK BUK???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Well, I am thinking (Hoping) that I am going to beg Shane to marry us... and since Fumes offered up his place I may have to entertain that too... though I dont know if I have enough alcohol for that ... we'll see.

I want to do something special and fun, though not quite as fun as Troy's /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.

We cant afford Vegas and we talked about it but with me out of work, that puts a real damper on all of the major plans.

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I am thinking (Hoping) that I am going to beg Shane to marry us

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll find out the legal status of my certification. If I'm still certified..let's GIT 'R DONE!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Gonna cost you a bottle of Ezra Brooks though. Gotta have something to toast the bride and groom with! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Ezra, Jack, Jim and the Captain... some of my best friends.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Their all welcome here... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Might I say that I have to be invited to this wedding!!!!! I'm in charge of the bachelor party! I have a buddy with an old school bus that is just begging for a reason to use it. Thats what we did for my Bach party. Any takers...?
    Seriously Ryan, Go for the back yard action (Not yours) and have Shane do the ceremony (Make sure he's sober). Kim and I are both glad that we did it that way. The wedding day is not important, the fact that you and Jody are together is the only thing that matters. Don't put too much stress into the day, enjoy it. Maybe we could con my folks into using their place. They already have a gazebo down by the creek and the whole thing.