Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is anyone running an 8" lift that flexes?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 11, 2001.

I am building my truck for sand, snow and mud and want to run 38-39" tires. I'm not sure if I want a 6 inch lift and major trimming or 8" and minor trimming. I do want a decent amount of articulation but I've heard once you go over 6 inch lift the spring rates are real stiff. Anyone running this lift/tire combo? What are your comments? oh, and i don't want a body lift.

1. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Re: Is anyone running an 8\" lift that flexes?

They're called NATIONAL SPRINGS. The ultimate in flex and quality. I have a set of 12" Nationals (11 thin leafs each) on my Suburban with 39.5" Swampers and need to trim, as the springs flex so well that the front tires contact the edges of the fender wells when turning and articulating. If you get a flexy spring, plan to do some major cutting with "only" 8" of lift and running 38s or 39s. And, if you get Nationals, prepare yourself and your wallet!!! I believe a set of four runs about $1500 these days...but if you want the absolute ultimate, Nationals are IT.

ken

2. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

I have a 8" lift from superlift with 38" super swampers. I was told I wouldn't have to do any trimming. But mine flexes some much that I'm going to have to trim it some. I mainly do mud and sand riding, but i like to climb as much as i can. I'm very happy with my lift.

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl

3. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

i agree with ken. I went off roading for the first time yesterday since i got my 6 inch national springs. i have 4 bilstien 5100 series shocks and 35 inch bfg M/T radials. talk about FLEX. It was INCREDIBLE. they conformed to the contour of the land like the mars lander. High speed and slow twisty crawling - they excelled at both. I was kinda getting down on the amount i shelled out for those puppies (my friend got a skyjacker kit for half the price ). but after FINALLY being able to get out with them i am am stoked out of my mind that i went with them. It really depends on what you want. As far as how high you want to go...i don't know. I think 6 inches with trimming would be the best overall but that is my inexperienced opinion. i know of guys on this board that run 38's with minor trimming with a 6 inch lift. later

baja surf nazi