Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is bubba on a rampage or what?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 6, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So there I was, on my way back to Cheyenne from Arvada... I had a car load of Mormon missionaries that I drove down for a baptism. We were on I-25 going north, just out of Lakewood. I look in my mirror to see the local fuzz hot on my tail... SO, I do what folks generally do and pull my bad self to the side of the road and watch the officer come up to my window... Here is the insanity that ensued:

cop (A.K.A. guy with a badge who obviously missed the class on professionalism): Have you ever taken driving lessons?

me (A.K.A. had enough of asshats throwing their weight around at my expense all day): Yes, sir.

cop: what's 80 minus 65?

me: (looking at the other guys like what the hell is this guy talking about?) I dunno

cop: try 15. What's it called when you change lanes two at a time?

me: Ummmmm... I don't think we went to the same driving class, that wasn't covered in driver's ed.

cop: It's called reckless driving. I saw you flying all over the road, speeding in a construction zone, acting like you own the road since (some road name). You have to go (some number of) feet before changing lanes again.

me: oh. I thought I was just changing lanes, sorry.

cop: How big of a ticket do you think I should write you?

me: I don't know, what does the law say the ticket should be?

cop: Is that the best you can do? You're not going to say I should go easy on you and let you off with a warning because you can't afford the huge ticket I should give you? You're not going to say you're just giving a ride to your friends who are giving up 2 or 3 years of their lives on a crusade for Christ and you have somewhere you need to be?

me: It would be nice if you wouldn't give me a ticket, I have about 5 bucks to my name. But I'm not the cop here, it shouldn't be up to me what kind of ticket you give me.

cop: damn right you're not the cop here.

then the dude starts rattling off all these equations and precise calculations so I can go home and determine how many feet per second I'm traveling, and something... I quit paying attention after the first 1.4532 figure was thrown at me. I'm not going to do a ****ing math problem before changing lanes. If I need to get around someone I'm going to go into the other damn lane.

So I was sitting there biting my tongue while this dick was making an ass of himself and wasting my time... I got off with a warning and he didn't even have to turn off his lights, because he pulled over the next person that drove by him. What a wonderful officer...

I'm not sure if he was a complete jackass who needs to get a talking to from the chief, or if he was just bored and looking to mess with some folks.

Either way, I've never wanted to punch a cop in the face and wipe off his pathetic smirk... Ever... The missionaries and I then spent the next hour having a nice laugh at his expense...

I wonder if I can get a copy of the tape if he has a camera in his car :D

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Damn that Bubba. He has went overboard this time. I mean really messing with some Mormons on a mission for crying out loud. I guess He has the Church of Latter Day Saints declaring war on His ass now.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Sometimes an ass chewing, even by somebody you despise, is better than a ticket.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fixed it for you.

Cap, you only go to deal with the cop you didn't care for. Not the judge, insurance company, DMV.......

5. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I mean WORD UP! I went to Cincy to pickup a set of T-cases for $300 bucks... I was like SCORE!! I am half way there and a good ole KY State Trooper pulls me over. The only thing he said was that I was doing 80 in a 65 and I would be recieving a ticket, took my license and insurance info, and came back with a whopper.

I would have rather gotten a lecture from bubba than the $168 ticket, which made my sweet deal not so sweet anymore...

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Only 170 bucks for going 80 in a 65?!

That'd be you loose your license type deal up here...

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That's 'cause the Canadian goverment are wannabe fascists!

John

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I got a ticket for 69 in a 55, and was still able to get a diversion on it. Costed me a pretty penny, but I've got no moving violations on my record :)

9. cbbr

Any of you guys ever think about just driving the speed limit?

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I do all the time. Heck, the interstates around here are 70-75 mph posted, that's plenty fast. Even the rural roads are usually 65 mph.

John

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Shoulda spit in his face Carl, that'd learned him...

12. cbbr

It might have learned him just how hard he could swing that stick.:doah: :haha:

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah... I had no problem being a sarcastic ass with this bastard, but I think that was enough pushing my luck with the guy with a gun :eek1:

14. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I was doing the speed limit til about half way when I started hitting the hills of northern KY, and my darn exploder kept dropping out of OD to keep up. Friggen 6 cylinders... Super WEAKSAUCE. As soon as I let off the cruise control I was barreling downhill and got nailed.

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

You guys crack me up!!! Bitchin bout getting a lecture instead of a ticket.:doah: Try driving in a safe manner, and life will be a lot simpler. Moving violations do really BAD things to your insurance rates. I got pulled over once here for a DIM taillight! I think the trooper was just bored and needed something to keep him awake. I bruched the mud off it and showed him it was just as bright as the other taillight. He then said they both looked kinda dim to him. Mind you, he followed me 5 miles off the highway BEFORE he lit me up.

16. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That sucks...but yeah, that would've been a very large ticket....since the fines double in a construction zone.

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Gahh... You can only change lanes so safely without NOT changing lanes... :D

18. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

whaaah whaaah baby huey time

you got a sermon.... you should have been used to that riding around with a bunch of missionaries

you didnt get a ticket....

wonder what you would say if he was sitting in a donut shop talking to the donut dolly and NOT seen on the side of the road writing em up

it must be really fun to talk to anyone with an attitude... try doing it all day everyday,,, yep thats something to look forward to...

Id say the chat was ineffective and he WASTED his time

hangem high

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

no way it takes so much longer to get where you are going if you do the speed limit

20. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Depends on how far you are travelling. You can shave hours off of long trips by going 10-15 mph faster.