Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is everyone using High Angle driveline?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BozoWise, Jul 2, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

What company are you guys using for you custom drivelines? What is a rough cost for a c-v style driveline to go on the front and rear of my 203.

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

There are a few out there (arizona driveline, tom woods, and some others) just look in the back of any mag. but i tell you what---i dont think i have ever heard so many good stories about jesse (high angle) that i would be kicking myself if i didn't go there. he has excellent worksmanship, customer service is above and beyong the call of duty and he helps out fellow CK5'ers and pirate members. I know he difinately gets my business when the time comes.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Sure is expensive though.

Ken H.

4. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Ken, I can tell you honestly, in this case you get what you pay for. All of Jesse's drivelines are top of the line right out of the shop. If you contact these other shops, you will find that they charge extra for things that are standard on Jesse's High Angle Drivelines. That is how they have lower prices. Jesse will also stand behind his products like no other company, so it is well worth the little extra for the workmanship, and the guarantee /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

5. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

I can't guess a cost for you, but give Jesse a call 530-877-2875 and tell him exactly what you plan on doing with your vehicle. He won't try to sell you something you don't need, and make sure to let him know that you are a member on CK5 so he knows to figure in your member discount /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, I cant say anything about High Angle, I dont have any of their stuff. I have Tom Woods shafts and his prices and his products were and are great. I got heavy duty thick wall tubing and dropped the K5 off a rock ledge and landed on the rear shaft. Bent it like a banana, and put two candy stripe twisting dents in it. Shaft did not collapse and it let me finish the rest of the trail ride and that was no cake walk getting out.

Changed it for the drive home because it was now way out of balance and vibrated like mad.

Depdog /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I am running High Angle CV shafts front and rear, and I can vouch for their quality! Top notch!

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I too am running a High Angle. The rear ran me about $480 if I remember correctly. That was with a 1410 14 Bolt yolk and u-joint on one end of the shaft and a 1350 with tcase flange on a 203 at the other end. Both yolks and the shaft came in the kit complete ready to bolt in and it hasn't done me wrong to date! Highly reccomended!

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

thinking of running the driveline brake with jesse's driveshafts...anyone else using this setup?

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

MT,

I've got the e-brake on mine....not completely hooked up yet (Ran out of time before BlazerFest!) but I can let you know once it's all put together.

Jesse got my business because he supports this site...I could have gone to a local shop, but my business and $$$ go to the companies that support CK5!!!

11. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

can you post some pic of your set up /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

If we ever get the Hollister video clip posted, you can see the entire underside of my truck REALLY well!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Once I rolled it onto the passenger door, the new suspension and driveline goodies are easy to see......

13. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Looks like I will be calling Jesse as soon as I get the funds. It sounds like near 1,000 for the drivelines then?

14. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I just stumbled accross my invoice. heres the breakdown

1 all new 1350 CV shaft (34.5" center to center, 1 1/2 off bottom) 1410 diff end = $439.00
    1 Custom Flange 2 1/8 seal = $99.00
    1 1410 14 Bolt diff yolk = $18.00
    S&H was = $18.00
    -------------------------------------------------
    Total with tax is $693.59

Prices may have changed a little since then but not too much I imagine. Give Jesse a call, hes easy to talk to and very knowledgeable on the chevy trucks.

Having the High Angle CV shaft is really a good way to go for strength and also makes the pinion sit higher and out of the way of rocks with it rotated up. You wont regret it.

15. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I'f I go with 6" front springs what should I do with the driveline? I know some people are using a 1" space. Should I would like a HD driveline, but really need a way to "make it by" This isn't my daily driver and I have a wife to support.

16. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Best thing you can do is talk to Jesse. Tell him exactly what your situation is. He will be able to make suggestions based on what you tell him. He may be able to modify your existing driveline so it will work ok for you, for less than a new driveline, as long as the one you have is in decent shape.

17. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I've heard the 1" spacer can really help prolong the front driveline but I haven't used it myself, in fact, I'm still using my stock front driveshaft only with the CV stop tabs clearanced for more angle (t-case is not droppped either). You could have the front shaft retubed at a local driveline shop which runs anywhere from $100-$200 and that will temporarily solve that. The good thing about the front shaft in most cases is it is infrequently in use on daily drivers so there is a bit more room for error, unless your running a full time tcase without a part time kit.

18. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

203 fulltime case, but they blazer is not my daily drvier ;-)

19. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im surprizes you are still eunning the stock front shaft.i only have a 4 inch lift and 35's and i have already about pulled my slip yolk apart not even at full flex.its busted to where i can move the inner to outer shaft up and down by hand.i gotta find a cheap front longer shaft here soon /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my stiff 4" Rancho springs with the stock shackles don't allow for much drop. At full articulation it gets really close to being fully extended. I'm sure the front shaft will have to go soon as its one of my final weekest links in the drivetrain as well. Looks especially week next to The High Angle in the rear!