Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is installing a front windshield hard

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, May 18, 2002.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

My 77 blazers has this huge crack in it and its beyond repairs so its time to replace what i was wondering is this hard and are there any special tools i need to do it with.I spoke to a couple of people and the cheapest i found it is 120 bucks and thats installed i allready have the glass.

2. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Pay the 120 bucks. It is worth every penny if you don't know how to do it yourself.

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

there is a special took you have to have to put the center rubber (don't know what it's called) back in. if you had the right tool, and had ever seen it done once you'd probably never pay to have it done again - it really is pretty easy.

honestly - it would be pretty simple to explain to you how to change it if you want to.

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

it's really easy. I just did it ... twice. It's takes longer to put it back in... just be careful.