Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it all right to...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Is it all right to use RTV for my kingpin gaskets? I forgot to order new gaskets when I ordered my new kingpin springs. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I didn't put anything on mine, just tightened them up.

Shouldn't be any problem to use RTV.

Speaking of kingpin gaskets, does anyone have a spicer PN?

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a catalog at home, if no else posts it before I get back on I'll put it up tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, i tore up one of mine and just used RTV... seems fine so far.

j

5. nvrenuf

King pin gasket Spicer part number = "37307"

Tim can you get Spicer stuff? If so, can you get number "660055-1"? I think it's discontinued but I figure it's worth a try. If it's discontinued can you search warehouses like a dealer can?

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. nvrenuf

Yoo hoo Timmy... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sorry, I almost forgot about this thread. Researching now sir.....

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Turns out it is discontinued, and an obsolete part number. I've called a warehouse that specializes in discontinued parts and they said to call back in an hour and they'll see what they can do.

I take it that's the PN for the 30 spline lockouts, spicer brand? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and the gaskets are available, they're cheap.

9. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Turns out it is discontinued, and an obsolete part number. I've called a warehouse that specializes in discontinued parts and they said to call back in an hour and they'll see what they can do.

I take it that's the PN for the 30 spline lockouts, spicer brand? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and the gaskets are available, they're cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, the elusive Spicer lockouts. If by chance they have any let me know how much and how many they have. THANKS FOR CHECKING!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If they had any I was going to buy every single one I could find.

That number has been discontinued for 5 years and there aren't any available anywhere in the country.

The wholesaler that I called, I got the number from Dana/Spicer corp and they are from what I understand the last possible location that you can get discontinued/obsolete parts from.

Sorry man, there just aren't anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. nvrenuf

That's ok, it was worth a try - THANKS!

TARussell and I found a guy that could get them about 5~6 years ago so we each bought a pair ($125 per hub). Still got them in the box (my avatar is a pic of one).

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Have you checked with ORD or similar places that sell the knuckle rebuilt kits? If their kits come with gaskets, maybe they can get you a part number? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you checked with ORD or similar places that sell the knuckle rebuilt kits? If their kits come with gaskets, maybe they can get you a part number? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The gaskets are 50 cents if anyone needs them. Hopefully you order them along with your kingpin rebuild parts because shipping would kill that deal.

The discontinued part number was for spicer hubs, not for gaskets. Almost every part of a Dana 60 is still available from Dana, including shafts, joints, all the kingpin bearings, ring and pinions, etc and I have all of that available too me.

I do have prices on those Spicer hubs that are discontinued that'd make you guys cringe. If they were still available I could get them about the same price as the warns. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    I do have prices on those Spicer hubs that are discontinued that'd make you guys cringe. If they were still available I could get them about the same price as the warns. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I wish there was a few out there, I would blister a Mastercard to get some more. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I wish there was a few out there, I would blister a Mastercard to get some more. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to just blister mine to get every single one I could find.

Guaranteed guys that like the Spicer hubs are out there and I could make them disappear QUICKLY!

16. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sorry, I misread through the topic. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, I misread through the topic. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no... you didn't misread. We hijacked Paxx big time! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Actually I answered the question. The gaskets are available, and they're cheap.

19. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I hate to admit going to this place so much for these parts but if you have a 4 wheel parts nearby your house they carry all spicer stuff for the 60. It was extremely convenient for me because I live a few miles away from there compton warehouse and they had every part I needed, I bought almost everything from the inner c's out, everything was in stock and the prices where pretty decent too. Just bring your part number with you cause they dont know JACK! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Or simply consult your local CK5 parts guy of course. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif