Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it bad of me to enjoy this?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Seeing cars easily high centering in the snow and the burms all over town. I love playing Mr. Rescue with the plow rig.

Haven't seen many ricers out lately. I wonder why?

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: nope not at all bad to enjoy that. one of the many joys of having a gm 4x4!! :waytogo:

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I thonk it's quite reasonable. However, the real question is how much are you charging?

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

There is nothing wrong with enjoying this. I love seeing people try to drive in weather they know they really shouldn't. I really hope you don't charge people, though I don't think you do. Kinda like me. You just like being nice and having fun at the same time! :waytogo: I really wish my K5 ran and we had some snow!

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Same goes over here in Michigan. It seems every year the first snow everyone ends up in ditches or what not. Its like riding a bike you have to relearn it everytime you go out. My bro and I used to get up at 4am durring High school and go out and rescue cars. One day we made $250.. We didn't ask for it some people are just generous. Gives me hope that there are still some good people left in this world.

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

No charge. It's just my version of fun.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

one day when i was in kentucky i ended up pulling this lincoln out of a ditch in the summer with my 2wd crew dually. i had drug him about 6 feet when i started to spin my rear wheels on dry tar. my buddy who was out watching the operation laughed as he signaled for me to stop. the dude had left his car in park!!! :haha: somethin about pullin junk out of darned places. it is truly fun. cant wait till i get the house done so i can throw all my $$ into my 84 and pull everything out around here. also another cool pull out story was one year i had an ext cab s-10 4x4 with a 4.3 and a plow. was a 90 tahoe i believe :dunno: well anyway at this one house guy kept insistin i go here and plow back, and yeah against better judgement started to slide downhill wrong way w/ rear end and got stuck. called dad to bring his 89 crew dually 2wd out to put pressure on my rear after i shoveled. well in the meantime my grampa had come by with the old 4x4 international town plow dumptruck. and he had backed into the ditch when he tried to back in the driveway! :haha: and the 4x4 wouldnt engage. well dad got there with sand and a chain. my 4x4 got out with 2 min shoveling and a sprinkle of sand. then i hooked the chain up to the dump and yanked her with the s-10. being in a hurry i just threw it over the ball on the bumper and took off. the s-10 pulled the dump truck out and also bent my bumper out about 8" at the ball! :haha: but she pulled the big plow truck ut ok. :grin:

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i actually had a kid bitch at me for jerking him out of a ditch last winter. he was driving Daddy's new '04 Silverado. i initially tried to just drag him out, and when that didnt work, i backed up a little, and gave him a couple good yanks. by the time i got to the third yank, he was free. before i even got tension off of the strap, he was standing at my drivers door yelling at me about how i was gonna jerk his truck apart. i put the truck in reverse, and matted it, just spun the tires, and said "i can put it back in" ungreatful little bastards. should've charged him $20 to unhook the strap.

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I do cars for free (tips graciously accepted), but when I see the soccer mom in the Expedition with a Kerry sticker in the window, it's $50.00. Same goes for the ladies in the Jettas, Audis, and Outbacks.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i actually like jettas. especially the diesel ones :grin: about the only car car i like

11. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I love pulling idiots out with the k5, last week I pulled a guy out of the ditch in his brand new crossfire, there was at least 5 in on the ground and he didnt even have snows, how far did he really plan on going, after I yanked him, he asked if I could tow him out to the main road. So I did out to the main road and about 1/4 mile down where the road was half plowed. He tried to pay me but I wouldnt take his money. just told him to remember the next time he saw someone who needed help even if he had somewere to be.
    Thats usually what I tell people have never taken money form anyone.
    Will he remember, and if he does will he care, probaly not but I can hope
    like pay it foward kinda

12. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Pulling people out of the ditch is my favourite pass time :D Definitely not wrong to enjoy it ;)

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I haven't had much of an oportunity to pull anyone out of a ditch lately, but I do enjoy stopping to help young attractive women change tires on the side of the road... They never seem to have all the parts for the jack though and a high lift doesnt do much for a small car :doah:

14. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

:haha:ROFLMAO !! Yeah - that's about right.

15. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

No snow storm stories but,I was on a convoy out side of Bagdad this fall. On a strech of road know for attacks on convoys. When we had to take an alt. rout. We were behind a group of First Calf, all in hummvee's with winches, when one truck drove right into this water hole. The water was up over the tires on the drivers side, and the passenger side was on dry dirt road. He could move forward and back about 5 feet, but couldnt get back on the road. They got out to look the situation over, 10 min later they were still looking. My platoon sgt and my self decited they needed help! None of them knew how to run the winch. We later found out the driver didn't know even how to run the transfer. We winched them out. I bet next time the SGT Major picks a more experinced driver. :thinking: National Guard to the rescue. :woot:

16. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I love to pull people out and watch their expression when they ask "How much do I owe you?" I just say, "You help someone out when they need it and we are square." They just can't figure out why someone would do something for free. It is great! Driving away with them standing there trying to figure out the angle. Great fun!!!

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good for you buddy, making the world a better place!