Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it considered a bad day when your blazer tailgate almost falls off?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Jan 9, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I know the back support was rusty but I found out how bad today!! I saw when I got this truck(my 87 plow truck) and new I was gonna have to fix, but I was gonna wait till spring. HAHAHA! I never tried to open gate, didn't want to mess with it. well, I hit a bump and, well, I guess the right side of gate wasn't latched. it fell open on the right side and the left side stayed latched. bent the #$$@@#$ out of gate!! made it home though!! used 2 jacks to lift body back up so I could close gate and shoved 2x4's under back floor!! guess I'll have to fix soon!

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Maybe its time for a flatbed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. blazerhoper

blazerhoper Newbie

i know how you feel i have a 74 blazer and the tailgate needs new hinges i found some at lmctruck i ordered the catalog if you have not got this you should it has everything you need in it.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I already am a lifetime member with LMC! pete(yunit) has a floor pan for me, so I'll just have to get it goin! I cobbed it back up today. I'm still gonna have to wait for repair though. to much snow in the driveway now! and this is my daily driver.

5. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Actually, its a bad day when your wheel almost falls off, i hate it when that happens. Rotten luck with the tailgate though

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Did not know it was that bad Henry, hopefully the weather will break soon. Would you be interested in the whole truck? My cousin might get pissed if I have another none running truck in the driveway. Let me know what you think.

7. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i saw a good bumper sticker the day b4 xmas
    it said: "Honk if parts fall off" on a J@@p, i laughed, it gave me a kick