Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it Crazy, or......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chalet2506, Jan 24, 2007.

1. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

am I overreacting?

We are a country at war, and basically the U.S.A's entire senior leadership gathers under one roof for a speech? :doah: Seems like we might be offering up a pretty juicy target. Anybody up for SHTF?????

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They keep one person in line away just in case. I would want to be that person.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

It's a symbol of freedom. Much like when the 2 Bush's, based from some president way in the past, when they declared war, they did it in front of a window in the white house, to symbolize the freeness we still enjoy.

I think this is the same thing. Osama and his posse have to produce shotty tapes, with cloaked backrounds and disguised backround noise, from an underground hideout, and we gather in front of all to see, in the same place we have gathered for the past couple hundred years.

4. chalet2506

Pres, V.P, Speaker of the House, Cabinet, joint chief's of staff, congress? Who's the guy in line - the White House poop scooper? I guess that there's people way smarter than me with a written contigency plan just for this one event each year.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Didn't you watch all the movies about SHTF . There are people underground somewhere with clean air systems , hospitals , food , and water waiting to repopulate the world when it goes boom :thumb:

Well maybe or maybe not . No one is going to confirm it if it was true :wink1:

6. chalet2506

The only really good SHTF movie was Red Dawn. The smart people will be underground somewhere with clean air, hospitals, etc. I'll be like the Woverines, except freezing my azz off in a mesquite patch in West Texas, hoping the whiskey doesn't run out.

I know it's not possible, but I'd like to be in the know on what the back up plan is. Some kind of martial law until the governor's get together and get it straight would be my guessing.

7. pauly383

I absolutley plan on bugging out . When my wife is safely tucked away somewhere with food and water . I would communicate via radio to see what is going on . If and when any able bodied men are needed for defense of our country , I am there .

That is the only realistic plan I can think of . Family first , no matter what . And luckily my father in law already had the wife punching holes in paper before I met her , pretty accurately too I may add .

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Each year, one member of the cabinet is kept in a secret location in case something happens during the speech. This year, the Attorney General, Alberto Gonzales was that person. Me personally, I would rather do that than have to sit in on the speech and glad hand some of those self serving clowns. The little I got to listen last night, the thing is becoming more like a baseball game called by Tim McCarver. I was hearing some statistics about last night's speech that made me wonder if some people actually have something called a life..................

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

When it happens, they will remember me as the bringer of chaos! Anarchy baby, everywhere. I am prepared and ready almost to the point of wishing. I have a game plan.

The world will get back to a more manageable population, and the strong and prepared will survive. The weak and unprepared will fall. The loss of life will be sad, but the future will be brighter. People will lose the entitlement personality, and have to do things themselves. That is something many people have never experianced. All of these corporate heads and their 8 katrillion dollar severence packages will be useless. The world will fall onto the shoulders of the blue collar workers. The people that depend on the government for handouts will be lost.

You and I already know this. People will go back to trading. Honest people will prosper and thieves and liars will get what they deserve. I am not kidding when I say that the collection of people here on CK5 could run their own town. We are all somewhat mechanically inclined in some way and know how to take care of ourselves. We hunt, fix cars, do A/c work, we can build buildings and wire them, grow our own food, tend livestock, etc. I think thats what it will come to. Small groups of people from different walks of life will band together to protect and help each other. That will be the only thing that will allow civilization to continue. A true government, for the people by the people, like it was supposed to be. A time when the legal system and justice are one in the same again.

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So, where are we meeting? As long as it's not Canuckistan-cold, I think I'll shoot for it! :haha:

11. pauly383

I designate AZ for the CK5 territory , we have it all , and the nonrusted sheetmetal :D

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sit down and stay quiet until you've mastered the ways of chaos from the masters like myself.

Thank you for your attention to these matters.

:D :D :D

13. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Have enough farmland? :deal:

14. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

you need to read Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy. Overall the book is weak, but it covers this type issue.

[​IMG]

Link to Amazon

take note that it was published in August 17, 1994

15. pauly383

Chit man , we have plenty , especially considering the number of people who actually post here isn't that high . And we have plenty of hippies and yuppies who moved here to use for manual labor :D