Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it death wobble?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CenTxk5blazer, Mar 19, 2003.

1. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

Usually when driving at highway speeds and i have to slow down, the whole front shakes like hell. I can usually get it to stop by pumping the brakes a little. It doesn't occur any other time when i drive my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.

Now before i get flamed, i've already done a search and still didn't see what could be causing the problem?

I've recently replaced the bearings in the left hub of my 10 bolt as well as having the rotor turned to keep it from pulling the right, this just causes it to pull to the left now.

I don't know if this corrected wobble, b/c i blew the transmission for 3rd time the week before i began working on it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Should I go ahead and replace the tie rod ends as well or just wait and see if the previous work on it corrected it?

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

that sounds like a rotor with something stopping it on one side, like it's bend or arusted in one area.

3. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

i've checked both sides and nothing seems to be keeping the rotor from turning. the right side does seem to warp quicker than the other.

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

have you check with some kind of lever while someone else holds the brake lightly? that's the kind of stuff you need to have looks at professionally- you don't want something majorly wrong with your brakes, your life is worth sucking up your dignity and taking it to a reputable brake shop.