Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it just me who's weekend is ruined every week...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hawkeye649, Aug 6, 2006.

1. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Watching Spike TV's power block? :rolleyes:
    Why isn't Extreme 4x4 or whatever on first! By the time it's over, my truck time/day is half over! :mad:
    I just hate waiting around for it.... :o

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Record only what you want to see, and watch it next week. You can skip the too-numerous commercials that way.

3. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

dvr is your friend!

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

DVR.......I never thought I'd care for one..................now when those shows, new episodes come on, they are automatically recorded, even when I'm out of town. My Name Is Earl and a couple of other shows I like are recorded, and I have no idea what day they actually come on live! :D

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, my response was longer..or I'd been first!!! :mad:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

haha.I know what you mean Don I love mine .I just switched from dish network to time warner cable and I told the salesman if he couldnt offer me a dvr dont even waste his time

7. hawkeye649

Ya, I could set up the VCR I know how, I just know I would never watch it...
    Is it just me, or do you guys find that chick on 4x4 hot? I've seen her bashed on here but I think she has a bit of knowlege, maybe not everything but more then most. Not like the host they have for Overhauled and the block... don't like her. Wish my girl would get that into it, she just wants to turn the key and go.
    And why did they replace jesse on trucks? He's definitly better than the wrestler/dweeb combo. Specially since they just keep doing the same thing over and over again... just like Horsepower TV.... at least jesse started that Srgent whatever build that was kinda cool.

8. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Fixed it for you:D

9. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Chyeah. She seems like she'd be a lot of fun to go wheelin with too. Same for Ian.

10. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get a DVR, it is the only way to go. I record every car, truck, hotrod, atv, and rv show on digital cable automatically. I can just sit down whenever I want to and go through them. I fast forward through all the commercials and just skip parts I could care less about. I save so much time from watching things live or on VCR tapes.

11. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

i mean shes ok. id much rather have danica patrick though. =) i bought one of those hp media center computers. if you live near a frys you can pick one up for like 1,100. thats if you need a kick a$$ computer. it has dvr 2. you can pause. record. all that good stuff and you can use it with any sattelite or cable provider. its saweet and the dvr and crap is free. and you can record while your on your computer. or on ck5.

12. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

I don't know how I watched TV before DVR.

13. hawkeye649

Danica is very hot too. I think i'd really rather have the other chick, only because again danica seems like one of the chicks that *likes* cars, but doesn't *know* cars. It think the extreme 4x4 chick has bigger boobies too.
    :p:
    Bigger everything, but not fat so it's all good. :D

14. 88-3/4t-bad boy

true... very true. but you dont want your girl tellin you what your doing wrong every five seconds. thats more annoying than anything. oh yeah. dvr is sweet! (trying to stay on topic)

15. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had a dvr for 6 years and will never do without one ever again. I would rather give up beer!!!!:yikes:

16. hawkeye649

This is my thread so ontopic is what I say it is. :haha:

That would suck, but just like most things if what "they" know is more then you, don't hate on 'em, learn from them. :wink1:

[​IMG]
    (totally has to do with the power block...)

17. 88-3/4t-bad boy

so my hp media center is set to record xtreme 4x4 today. then i walk downstairs. and my damn uncle is watching the history channel. and we only have one sattelite system that goes throught the house. ahhhhhhhhhhhh. omg.

18. 88-3/4t-bad boy

yep. yep. i retract my previous statement. danica is better. :bow: sorry dude. you cant argue. you have the picture. so you must be thinkin the same thing. :rolleyes: i mean come on. yeah that one gurl knows more. but. what is knowledge these days? honestly??? jp. that was bad. yep. pretty bad. both are good looking. but danica. well. shes it. the other girl is like that hidden beauty that you could see on the streets everyday. but you just walk right past her. but now shes on tv so you think about it. danica has just been hot. :pimp:

19. 88-3/4t-bad boy

ok. well i got to watch trucks at least... um yeah. big downer. is it just me or do the idiots that replaced stacey seem slightly retarded. i mean they did a f-150 "stealth" build. they said it was going to have ultimate offroad power. but then they just run it on a dirt road. stacey got most of his trucks stuck. like the orange k5 he did. sweetest ride that was on powerblock i think. that or xtreme 4x4's suburban gorilla thingy with the hummer body. idk. i just hate those two.

20. hawkeye649

I'd still bone extreme girl, first. Wouldn't stop there if I had the choice though.....

Never saw the end of the suburban gorrilla..

Or the end of Srgt Rock, did he finish it? Only one I ever really saw was him making the front suspension, and extending the frame horns. There was a narrowing under the grill and he said he would have to "fill" it in to make it the same size. All I could think when I looked at it was why didn't he bob the frame before it narrowed down and than add his steel. Way less fab, way less weld, lighter, and just as strong.

Now on the other hand, maybe I should go with danica because she didn't build the most retarded looking ranger EVER. GOD DAMN THAT THING IS UGLY. They should have just left that carcas on the side of the trail. Talk about body roll, a real ramp champ. Give me the "poison spider", "urban gurilla" or "cheap jeep" over that any day. What a waste of perfectly good boobies... err ooops.

[​IMG] or...

[​IMG]
    (was shooting for very "hey I just snapped a photo of you" pictures)

don't forget the myth busters..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]