Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is it just me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rain1971, Feb 5, 2002.

1. rain1971

rain1971 Registered Member

Is it just me or is it getting harder to find used parts for fullsize chevys at a good price?
    I have been driving fullsize blazers before they were called "suv's" i think they called em ORV's, but anyways i used to find guys with half taken apart blazers selling parts and they basically just wanted to clean up their yards.
    Now i find its rare to find any "good" stuff on the ones that are parted out, and they want alot more for them.
    anyone else notice this at all?
    thanks
    rain

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I find stuff for good prices all the time... got a tbi set up for $100 minus the lines and fuel pump.... just depends I think where you live and how much there is a need for stuff there....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

3. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I got lucky when I totalled my '90. The insurance paid twice the trucks value and I got to keep everything on top of it. So now I have parts for the 2 I have on the road till hell freezes over. Parts here are very hard to come by at a reasonable price. In good shape is next to impossible.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

NorthEast Ohio here...usually parts are pretty easy to find. Had 3 transfer cases given to me for free. Whole half-ton axles are usually 50 bucks.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

here in AZ, its a little harder to find screaming deals on trucks/parts, but I have managed a few notable ones... my 73 K20 suburban was only 1500 bucks, with a good driveline, ( engine prolly needs a rebuild) and my 73 C10 parts suburban cost me 800, and I drove it home before pulling the Th400 out of it. the only problem with the truck ( besides missing a tranny now) was a front end accident that crippled it to some extent ( tweaked the frame horns, and bent the front right wheel up, destroyed the front clip) so now I have a perfect Super Cheyenne tub, with perfect interior, and a spare rebuilt 454. I've been thinking about ripping the destroyed front clip off, straitening the framehorns a little, getting a new rim, front clip, and tranny, and seeing if I can make it driveable again, since my 77 C20 is so rusted up from living in some other crappy state where rust happens...

out here in AZ, nothing rusts, so trucks only goto scrappers when they're throughly trashed, and beyond the point of most people bothering to repair them.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

6. rain1971

rain1971 Registered Member

Man! $50 for complete diffs, some people out here are asking $800 a pair.
    my buddy had his 83 ramcharger ripped off and they paid him more than he would have got selling it. Funny thing, it was for sale and he wasnt getting any calls.
    So sometimes it is nice when they dissappear :)
    or in your case, get wrecked :)
    I still run carbs on anything i drive.I find it alot easier to work on that way, because when i started working on blazers thats all they had :)
    I gave up a nice shiny new 87 camaro ( new when i had it)
    for a old blazer with a 400 in it and a cam.Since then a car is just a car.I wish i had 1/2 of the old blazer parts i just gave away when i had them. I used to get blazers so easily that i didnt care about a part here or there.
    Next time i am in the market for another blazer, i will have to check out one of the hot states, arizona, new mexico, texas :)
    I cant find nothing but rusty roaches out here in canada.

Theres no replacement for displacement!
    I want a big block!