Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pure Insanity, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Or does anyone else not see a truck, they see the parts they could use on theirs?

For example...thers a K30 crew cab (SW) thats parked down the road from my house where this guy works. I dont see a K30 at first, I see a D60 front. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We have a reserve unit in town, everytime I see a Deuce and a Half running thru town, I see Rockwells. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And when the Hummers come thru I see beadlock wheels.

A Dodge 1 ton = a "D60 front that will work".

Am I alone or are there others? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I actually did that today. I was driving down the road and saw a SRW K30 for sale. I jumped on the brakes and got the number for FortCollinsRam as I know he is looking for a D60 front. I didn't really see K30 I saw the D60 front Chris is looking for.(hell that we all are looking for)

I have always wanted a K30 to put on 35's and have as a cruise truck, but all I see now is parts.

As for a Duece and a half, I don't see parts there. I have ALWAYS wanted one and I WILL own one one day. There are a couple for sale in town. I wish I had $6700, and I would have one.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey, just curious, do you think it would be "stealing" to extract a dana 60 from the front of a k30 for sale late at night and replace it with an 8 lug 10 bolt. I mean, it's not like you're leaving the truck in any less of a complete way, shape, or form...and do you really think the owner would know? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, just curious, do you think it would be "stealing" to extract a dana 60 from the front of a k30 for sale late at night and replace it with an 8 lug 10 bolt. I mean, it's not like you're leaving the truck in any less of a complete way, shape, or form...and do you really think the owner would know? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO! I know a guy that blew out the rear of his Yota for about the gazillionth time, he "test drove" one from a lot and had his rear already apart, tools out and ready to rock. He pulled up at a buddies house nearby and commenced to do an olympic 3rd member swap. He returned the truck saying the rear made noise and he wasnt intersted. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Hossbaby50

I have thought of doing that, but I couldn't do that. There are a few around town from the Forest Service or something, and I know they would never know the difference, but it just isn't right.

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Good to hear I'm not the only one that's contemplated doing this less-than-angelic act. But, I'm too honest a person to go through with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I guess that's probably a good thing.

7. Hossbaby50

Ya me too, sometimes though I wish I was a scumbag that way I didn't have to spend a bunch of money on my truck. It gets real expensive, and it only gets worse. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm always seeing parts I could use or want when I see certain trucks around.

Just like an '81 or '82 1-ton crew cab I always see sitting in a guy's sideyard not far from here... someday I'm going to stop by and ask if he'd sell it.

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

No...it's just you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do you think it would be "stealing"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that's stealing alright... Geeesh I guess I hit all the right threads today. In the last one, some of the kids thought it was funny to "ASSAULT" people from a moving vehicle. Now you want to know the definition of STEALING... What are all of you teenagers thinking? Sounds to me like you're all a bunch of criminals just waiting to be caught.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Jeez man, it was a complete joke. I would never do that and only said it to be funny. I've never stole a thing in my life and won't because I feel like, "why should someone get something that's not rightfully theirs without paying for it like the rest of us?!?!"
    So, before you go accusing me of things and calling me "just another one of those damn teenagers" why don't you think twice about it and know something about the person you're talking about first. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeez man, it was a complete joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I turned my mind reading machine off yesterday. I'll have to remember to turn it on when I'm on this board in the future... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Okay, I don't want to get in a fight about this...so I'm sorry. I did not mean what I said in my earlier post. My apologies to anyone who didn't like what I said.

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that to a K30 once. Removed the 60 and installed a 44 in place of it and sold the truck right back out. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The owner never even suspected a thing as he didnt know anything about the K20 and 30. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Now if you fruit loops are thinking "D60" every time you see a K30, I'm gonna have to get Lara's headers and beat you over the heads with them!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif K30's are NOT parts trucks. They are CLASSIC trucks because no other truck has their heavy duty stuff. Its the smaller trucks that want the K30 parts to be wannabes! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

Hey, seeing parts sure beats seeing dead people.

I can relate. There's a cancerous K5 near my house with little unbroken glass and a saggy ass, but some nifty accessories. I'm just waiting to see the owner and find out just how much of a "parts" truck it really is.

16. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Wayne and I do that all the time. We will pass another Blazer or Jimmy and jokingly look at each other and yell PARTS!!!!

17. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    For example...thers a K30 crew cab (SW) thats parked down the road from my house where this guy works.

[/ QUOTE ] I bet thats at the bus garage huh?

18. Pure Insanity

Yeah its the white one from down at the bus garage. I take it youve seen it?

19. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    No...it's just you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Well thanx Lara, I feel MUUUUCH better now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Pure Insanity

[ QUOTE ]
    Now if you fruit loops are thinking "D60" every time you see a K30, I'm gonna have to get Lara's headers and beat you over the heads with them!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif K30's are NOT parts trucks. They are CLASSIC trucks because no other truck has their heavy duty stuff. Its the smaller trucks that want the K30 parts to be wannabes! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Classic? whats that mean? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Nothing is sacred around me. EVERYTHING can be "customized" in some form. And yes they ARE parts trucks when they are junk anyhow. I wouldnt hesitate to part out a junker, but I wouldnt do so to a complete nice rig. I may swap the front axle for a 3/4 ton unit tho. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif