Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it just Michigan, or are birds just psychotic?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigBurban350, Jul 28, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Every time I drive, atleast one bird will play chicken with whatever im drivin. They ether wait on the side of the road and shoot across the front of the car, or they wait in the middle and try and escape at the last second. Im crusing at like 55 mph too! I was drivin my mothers Blazer one day and a bird got wasted by the upper windshield /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

Does anybody else have birds that do this?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've hit one bird with a car and that was a long time ago...

My buddy on the other hand is a regular bird mass murderer. He was running late for work one morning and it was a bit foggy. Every morning this other guy's prized ducks (I think they were ducks) would cross the road at a certain time. My friend came roaring through there late as hell and prolly doing 80 mph just as the ducks were crossing the road...

Trust me, it's a funny story when he tells it and you've had a few beer...I think he got 8 or 10 of them with the car, pieces of splattered duck everywhere./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I can't remember if he ended up paying for the ducks or not./forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Rene

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

got two insane bird stories... first was a pheasant, second was a starling...

1) driving my first baby (1976 Chev Nova, restored it body-off with Dad's help when I was 14) at about 80 down a country road... see a pheasant along side the road so I slowly sidle ove into the other lane to give him some room and sure enough, just as I get close, he spooks and shoots out in front of me. Through the grille, into the radiator. It took me FOREVER to find another whole/good/chrome grille and almost as long to get all the damn feathers outta the engine compartment.

2) picking up my girlfriend (now known as "my wife") at work when I was in college I was driving the "speed limit" down a road in front of the school in my cherokee with stock mirror tint when *BAM* a crazy little starling slams into the rear door window about 8 inches from my head... I guess it saw a reflection of the sky and thought it would/could do a fly-by... "negative ghost rider, the pattern is full"

5. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

nice looking class A RV real expensive with a sparrow beak first into the radiator

the bird's feet were still sticking streight out, dont think the guy noticed.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Try flying an airplane during the migrating season... It takes about an hour to get all the bird guts out of the motor cowling... And yer lucky if one doesn't come through the windshield at ya... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

nope, been going on since at least the 50's. Havent you ever seen Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Well, the ones that play chicken(/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)...with my car all the time are the little agile birdies, they almost always have it timed just right to swoop in front of you or fly infront with you and cut off when you get close. They are very quick at sometimes seeming like they are flying atleast 45 mph cause they would be cruising in front of your bumper for a couple seconds when your going like 50-55 mph.

On my way to Motorcycle safety, I noticed a fullsize goose in the road, mangled. I later found out that a guy got pissed off cause they always cross in front of him, so he stopped, then slammed on the gas wacking one of them. Then somebody got his lisense # and he went to jail.

Well, I dont think he should have gone to jail, hes just helping rid of the poop machines /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got hit by an owl /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif in the middle of the night in Northern Idaho...still have the big dent right on my body line under the pass side mirror. Scared the sh!t out of me....sounded like somebody hit me with a baseball /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

2 years ago thanksgiving day i was taking my wife to work and on my way back home and had a wild duck fly up and across the road in front of the blazer and i hit it. went right under one of the tires /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. stuper

stuper Registered Member

no birds, just chipmonks, deer, squirrals, bunnies, and a skunk or too.

theo