Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it me, or is this rude?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Apr 8, 2007.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Something I've noticed recently... And this is not directed at anyone in particular...

I spend alot of time typing out tech responses for people in PM's because I really enjoy helping people out if I can.. And most of the time, it's a nice back and forth conversation..

But there have been quite a few occasions where I type out a long response and never hear another word.. :confused: Not a "Thank you", an "Oh I see" or even a "Your an idiot"... Just leave me hanging...

It's starting to make me feel like I'm being used.... :(

2. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Yeah its kind of ruining the fun ain't it

3. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Phewww...I know it`s not me...you`re like a god to me Paul, I could do no less than thank you:p: Even after the amount of PMs I`ve sent to you....

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same thing here skater dood! I've no problem with handing out my limited knowledge, even when they could've found it in a search, but to hear no response does get my goat a bit.

(that's MY goat...not 'Fumes'!)

5. ryoken

Nah, you've never dissed me... We're good! :haha:

6. ryoken

I do remember a particular one a few months ago that got under my nerves...

The prob for me is, I turn wrenches for living, not type, so typing long responses can be somewhat arduous at times...

I'm not trying to guilt anyone or anything, just trying to confirm in my head whether I'm crazy or not... :doah: :haha:

7. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Naw, you aren't crazy. Seems like half the threads I post to anymore die right there for some reason, maybe I should change my name to "threadkiller".
    Jimbo

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

anymore it seems whenever I post a response to something technical, there is someone waiting to jump on me and try to tell me I am an idiot. It seems to most often end up with the realization that we are both right or I am still right, but they still feel the need to jump on me. I pretty much don't bother posting much tech anymore because of it.

And no I am not thinking of anyone in particular, just a general note, I can't put a name to any of it.

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

KWITCHERBITCHIN' and leave us alone! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :haha:

I know where you're coming from. I don't pay attention to it anyways. Don't know what to tell you though. :confused:

10. ryoken

Threads and behavior within are a whole other story... :wink1:

My thought on the PM's was that it was a little more of a personal diss...

Reminds me of how annoyed I get when people don't respond at all to a "Good morning" or "Hello"... To me, that's an ultimate in rude.. :mad:

Thread behavior is something alltogether different to me.. It is public, For all to digest..

Sometimes I feel people just wanna argue, but whatever, I prolly do the same I guess... I've certainly heard my share of crickets after one of my posts, whether thats good or bad, I have no clue... :haha:

11. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow I'll have to go check my PM archive, hope I'm not guity of that because I hate it when people aren't grateful for my help. I think when I PM'ed you about my grille we talked about 'boarding afterwards if I'm not mistaken...:D :bow:

12. ryoken

Nah, we're good... I really didn't want anyone I talk to in particular to worry about this... Wasn't my intention.. :doah:

I guess it was just something I thought people could always use a reminder of... Being polite..

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd be disappointed too, especially in PM conversations, where you are sharing your knowldege in response to a direct question.. for free...

14. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i haven't replied yet b/c i'm digesting what you wrote! :wink1: shoulda dropped a thanks tho. i think when i read it, it was super late at nite and i wanted to crash. anyway, i do appreciate it tho. :D

15. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Ryoken,

I've enjoyed our PM's and look forward to the project we talked about. You are always helpful in the CK5 and off-roading community and I hope you know how truly appreciated you are! You are a wealth of knowledge on electronics and the trucks, and you are more than willing to share. I thank you for that.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I've noticed that in the military. The words "please", "thank you" and "you're welcome" are completely abscent, when the time is fitting. Even the "company motto" when you wanna tell your sgt's "thanks" which for many you can't say to, is totally dismissed by many. I guess people are just desensatized to feelings. Doesn't make it right.

Manny

16. ryoken

Nah, I knew you'd reply at some point... You wheren't who I was thinking of.. It was noone in particular... Just a certain percentage of pm's I get...

I feel like I came across as some sandgina cry baby here... :doah: :o

17. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ryoken I think it is our world in general. Hell when was the last time you opened a door for some one and got a thank you or were shopping and some one said excuse me as they shoved a cart up your arse. The schools have not taught manors or the correct way to RESPECT others in years.

I understand where you are coming from it is the 30 second mind set. I was taught if you go to someones house for a party that a few days later you call or send a card saying thank you and that you enjoyed the party. Someone sends you a gift it is expected that you send them a thank you note. I could go on but don't want to make a long thread.
    I will close with this. I consider you one of the better sources here and respect your views. Unlike some who are no longer here that spewed hate and garbage in every post they made from Indiana

18. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Yes, I too appreciate your help and opinions. If it wasn't for you, a lot of our rigs would be nothing more than burnt out shells of vehicles after electrical wiring attempts (at least mine would be). With your help, I finally wired something that didn't catch fire. You make CK5 better, one electrically challenged "special" person at a time. :bow: to you sir.

19. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can't recall if we have ever conversed via PM's but I do appreciate the knowledge you have shared with me when it comes to paint. I'm not trying to turn this into a thank you Ryoken thread, but everyone is right, not enough people remember their manners anymore.

I hate holding a door for someone and not even having them look at me, let alone smile or say thanks. makes me wanna drag them back outside and open their own damn door.

20. ryoken

Yeah, I certainly wasn't looking for accolades or anything... Thanks tho...

Just every now and then I realize it.. Obviously all pm's don't get replied to and such...

I definitely think the rude thing in person can be very regional too... Jersey is not known for it's hospitality, but I've been to worse...