Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fireinthehole, Dec 11, 2003.

or does it seem like some people join just to sell stuff? Where their very first post is in the stuff for sell area.
    Its cool that they are Ck5 members and pay the dues, it just seems strange to me.

Mat

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My membership has paid for itself many times full cause of the for-sale forum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I was wondering that myself (although I did post a ? to said member). If that is what it takes for them to join so be it. I just hope that this is not the only reason they are orange (it sure wasn't for me, then again I was never blue)

my .02 let the fights began (said in a hartful tone with plenty-o-sarcasim /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

3. Mine too, I think the for sale forum is a great asset, but I didn’t join just to sell my crap. The money I saved and the knowledge I have learned from everyone is worth more than the cost of membership.
    I don’t care if people join just to sell stuff; it’s their money. I was just making an observation.

Mat

4. Yeah AZ- i expect some sh!t from my observation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Mat

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i agree. i think some people do join just to sell stuff. but who cares???? people join country clubs ect just to say their members or make contacts. whatever. If it helps support the forum so I can learn more stuff. they can sale Care Bears for all I care.

just my .02

69k5

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

is it just me or should this thread be in the non 4x4 offtopic forum? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Be glad that they paid,Look at the garage forum and you see a lot of blue"

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I came here looking to find out what my K5 was worth before I found out you can have a hell of a lot of fun with it. Then I started wheeling it. With said wheeling, I started to break things. After said breakage, I learned how to fix things. So instead of selling my K5 and taking some bucks in, I have now spent over $3000 more on the K5. So when all is said and done, this site has cost me over $5000 since I came here.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Nothing wrong with paying to advertise something you want to sell. Especially if it is something that people on this site would want to buy. I would rather pay $4 for a month worth of good advertising here than to spend $15 at the local newspaper with no results. This site wins and so does the seller and buyer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I sold stuff on this site to pay for my membership back before you had to be a member to use the for sale forum.