Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is it my 203 or is it me

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater74, Sep 6, 2001.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Do any of you folks with 203's have any problems finding the difference between high and high lock. on my 203 there is no distictive slot for high and high lock i have to just try and move it alittle and try it and move it alittle and try it. while i'm doin this it sound bad (grinding) and i sure it is bad for it(and i am in nuetral while tryen then shiften to drive). I'm gettin kinda ticked, is there a cure. and another problem i had yesterday was i put it in low and could not get it out, i thought i was gonna rip the shifter out. after some tryen and driven about 5 mph i finally yanked it out what gives?

2. check your shift linkage. make sure it's adjusted as per the manual. it's a pain but it will shift poorly if it's not adjusted right. if that doesn't work you could have bigger problems. those old cases do take some coxing to shift sometimes though.

<font color=blue>American Pie 2-"Have you seen my flute?" "Yeah, I stuffed it in your box."</font color=blue>

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Mine lights a light in the fuel gauge that says "4x4" or "4wd" I dont remember.

Also, when you turn, you know it's in a loc position because it's harder to turn and jerks a little.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

SOunds like your shifter is full of crud. Detent ball may also be gummed up (located top of the chain housing in line with the hump on the tailshaft.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

full of crud, who you callin full of crud hehehe. thanks so i'm asummin your suggesting that give i a good cleanin and relube it? in other words give it a little TLC and see how it reacts?

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah that about sums it up. Did wonders for both of my trucks. There are some plastic bushings in the linkage where the rods connect. I have seen them in the helps section at Pep Girls.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

7. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

YOUR THE MAN!!!!