Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it not obvious?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by spearchucker, Feb 28, 2005.

1. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I've come across a few people who are under the impression that you need to pay to use CK5, but I think I've set them straight. I'm just wondering if it's not blatantly obvious that you don't need to pay to come here and post in some forums. I don't know where they got this idea but I'm sure there are more misguided souls out there that would come here if they knew different. Of course they'd get sucked in and end up paying anyways, but we won't tell them that. :ignore:
    I'm just wondering why some people think this and if there's anything else you can do besides the FAQ to attract more people, if that's what you want to do.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I know you are right because I have seen people talking at other websites saying the whole thing is pay only, very easy for false info to spread, I'm open for ideas.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

maybe a link on the home page saying something like got a chevy question post it for free in the garage forum?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Definitely something big and flashy, and conspicuously located on the Home page. Allowing to misconception to continue does this site a dis-service IMO.

Got a Chevy question? Join our site for free and get your questions answered! limited posting piviledges granted with free membership...do not take orally. Consult your doctor before using. May not be legal in all states. Various other conditions and limitations may or may not apply depending on which day of the week it is and what kind of mood I'm in.

:D :D :D :D :D

Rene

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You know I don't think I ever even posted until a week after I paid for my membership. I use to just come and read. I didn't realize or "feel right" posting and not being a member. I sometimes wonder how drunk I would have got that day if I had not spent that $25 on this membership.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hehe you forgot may cause cancer in califorina:D

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

...some assembly required