Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it possible to convert elec. rear widow to manual

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Jul 5, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I have an '84 K5. Id like to convert the rear power window to manual for simplicity. I know LMC has parts for the manual and elect windows.

If I can convert it, what parts do I need and what can I reuse from my existing window?

Thanks in advance.

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Yes you can. If I recall correctly, you need all the guts from the manual window but you can reuse the window itself. You can look inside an LMC catalog for a diagram of all the parts needed and it also shows how it goes together.

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Well one of the things that bugged me , so to speak. is something about RIVOTs and all that. I may call them. see what they say.

They are jus sales, no tech support. Oh well.

I was looking at the break down.

Wonder if I can jus replace the handle on the outside and the regulator and remove the electrical parts inside?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  4. buffcc1

buffcc1 Registered Member

An easy way to do it. I went to the yard and just bought a tailgate with one already installed for 50 bucks or so.

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

i would if I could. The one and only k5 in the junkyard was completely stripped and gutted. I live in the land of the 5 year old car. Meaning, every 3-5 years ppl get new cars, the older ones are non-exisitant around here. They used to have some strict Emission testing here, but have since got rid of it, but at the time, it really sent some cars to the bone yard, now the boneyards crush cars every 30days or so. Inventory moves quickly and the older cars are the first to go (they get more weight and money from the older ones).

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All internal guts are different, the only thing you can use over is the glass itself.