Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it possible to regulate the tech in the tech forums?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by BlueBlazer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 15, 2001
    As many of you have seen, I can't stand misinformation being given out. Is it possible that when a blatantly obvious piece of misinformation is given out, and a member was to inform a Mod of that, it can be deleted so that later, if someone was to search on that topic, they would not be misled by what is said? I understand this would be very hard to regulate, but I would hate to see someone without much experience take what someone else has said at face value, then cost himself a lot of money and time because someone gave out incorrect information. I guess I don't have a very good solution for this problem, but I think something needs to be done as big as this site is getting and with some of the newer members we have that spout off incorrect information or hearsay that others might take as fact. Is there anything we can do about this?