Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by offroadcowboy, Jun 5, 2004.

1. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifIs it possible to use one antenna for both a CB and a stereo. I was thinking of something you could hook up a toggle switch to and just use one or the other .I would prefer to use a fiberglass whip but dont know much about this sort of thing. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I have never done it. Here is a link to Some reading on Firesticks website. There are also some units that use your existing am/fm antenna for cb but work very poorly as the am/fm antenna was never designed to transmit a cb signal.

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Check at a truck stop or dealer. I know at my work we sell antennas that are cb whip and am/fm antenna all in one. We also sell a Y split that plugs in from the cb and Y's out into the radio style antenna plugs. There is also a coax that goes from the cb mount to Y that has coax on 1 side and antenna plug in style on other. I'm thinking bout going this route. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Oh yeah, Panasonic makes everything. AKA Pana-Cific something like that.