Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it reasonable?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by rob_83k5, Sep 2, 2003.

1. rob_83k5

rob_83k5 Registered Member

I live in Birmingham, England, I've been off-roading for about 7 years now, and Moab has always been the ultimate place to go...I'd be delighted to have an excuse for another trip to the States....and having owned a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif K5 for just two months it certainly would be a blast you meet you guys /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ....but I can fly over there, the K5 can't, so...
    Is it reasonable to turn up to the 'Bash in a cheap rental, expect to be able to join in the fun and yet have to hitch rides to see the trails? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Please let me know what you think before I start grovelling to the boss for time off work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

DUDE!!! I say hell yes do it!! Even if theres only a back seat avail. GO 4 IT!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

There are usually several open seats. Mine have been claimed, but it shouldn't be hard to find a ride...

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Do you think the airline would let you take a 10-bolt differential back with you? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Kia needs one badly over there, but the shipping cost is around $110 US. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The box is about 10x10x10 inches and weighs 30 pounds.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

HAHAHA, that would be awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    No officer I swear I packed that myself!.......

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Rob...get on that airplane friend...i'v got empty seats to fill...where do you plan on flying into...gran junction colorado has an airport and we are about 90 miles from moab...got a spare room if you come in thursday and you can ride with me the entire trip if you want...

DW

7. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it reasonable to turn up to the 'Bash in a cheap rental, expect to be able to join in the fun and yet have to hitch rides to see the trails?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. rob_83k5

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the encouragement /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

K5-NUTT - Doug, really grateful for your offer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif - If I can make it (??) I'll probably fly into Denver (old friends there, haven't seen in years) - but I'll chat more when/if this looks like a possibility.

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you think the airline would let you take a 10-bolt differential back with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Harry, seems mean but can't say I'd like to carry 30 pound diff around with me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (I was chatting to Kia on the AAC-UK forum tonight, seems like he may go for shipping)

Cheers,

Rob.

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I can't say that I blame you! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've hauled my luggage through Heathrow all the way to the stop for the tube... That's a LONG walk! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Not a problem rob...keep me in the loop...

DW

11. rob_83k5

[ QUOTE ]
    Not a problem rob...keep me in the loop...

DW

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, regardless of my hopes, even at this late stage - I'm not going to be able to make it. Simply gutted /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Doug, thanks for the offer of a ride /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...maybe next year...

To all you guys who will be at BB03 - have a great time, don't break too much - and take a moment when you're out there on the trails to think of all of us who couldn't make it - 'cos we sure as hell will be thinking of you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As soon as there is a date for BB04 - I'm booking flights /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

And I'll be thinking about fish and chips wrapped in a page 3 girl /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Chin up Rob,

A lot of us have gone through exactly what you are right now. I had plans to go last year and ended up losing my job and couldn't go. To say I was disappointed was an understatement.

This year I was rehired and worked like a maniac for 6 months to be able to go...and even then I wasn't 100% sure it was going to happen until last Saturday afternoon./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'll tip back a beer at the campfire and think of you and all the others that couldn't make it.

Rene

14. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Chin up Rob,

A lot of us have gone through exactly what you are right now. I had plans to go last year and ended up losing my job and couldn't go. To say I was disappointed was an understatement.

This year I was rehired and worked like a maniac for 6 months to be able to go...and even then I wasn't 100% sure it was going to happen until last Saturday afternoon./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'll tip back a beer at the campfire and think of you and all the others that couldn't make it.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Well last year I worked my butt of to finish the K5 and only was done the day I was suppoed to be in moab, so I thought next year.
    Well this year turned out even worse, I wasn't even close to finishing so I dropped it.
    Maybe next year third time is a charm.