Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is it transmitting?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Calclips, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    When I key up, the needle on the gauge moves to the left, but I'm not sure if the folks on the channel can hear me cause they never answer my calls. I always ask for a mic check, but nobody tells me if they hear it or not.... How can I tell for sure. I know for sure my buddy can hear me cause we tested it, but that was only several hundred feet away....

2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

The way I test the radio usually is have a buddy with a CB either sit in one place and have me drive around or them drive around and me sit in one place, and see how far it can get out... What range do you have the meter on? Put it on RF or S/RF and the needle should swing all the way to the right.

Tim
    <font color=red>"Don't Tread on Me"</font color=red>
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by The_Sandman_454 on 11/29/01 09:18 PM.</FONT></P>

3. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it's working, just not real well. I would let a CB shop take a look at it if I were you.