Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it true??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Sep 3, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Someone told my wife that they are no longer going to make the Suburban. Then another person told her because we are thinking of getting one. This can't be true ! Do any of you know the truth. I personally think its crap and the people don't know.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

3. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

So its still the same size and everything just a different name??

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Isn't just the GMC going to be called the XL and the Chevy is still the sub?

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe that Chevrolet is keeping the "Suburban" nameplate, while GMC is adopting the "YukonXL". If you ask me, YukonXL sounds like a beer from a microbrewery in Alaska!!!LOL

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I think that the name change is just a marketing ploy to cater to the upper class yuppy market. They need a seperating line between product classes. The GMC line has long been the "Premium" line of GM trucks. I guess when they changed Jimmy to Yukon it made a difference in sales. Think about it, at a posh golf club, when the topic of domestic suvs come up. I think that the more expensive line of trucks is more acceptible. You and I know that the only difference is options packages and obviously $$$$$$$$$$$. They dont care just as long as they spent a lot. These are the peopel who buy $400 golf clubs and still cant drive 10yds. without a really bad hook. So to answer the question, GMC has now stopped the name plate Suburban. In its place is YUKON XL. Chevrolet has is going to keep it inorder to aide in fortifying the ad campaign " The longest lasting dependable trucks on the market". Personally I think they are right.

7. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

over here in saudi, the new GMC yukon XL, is still called the suburban.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com