Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it worth fixing up?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Jun 28, 2005.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

i have a 86 k5 its a custom deluxe and has no power no A/C and is pretty stripped down. it has been in my family forever and its my turn to fix it up. i have spent about 5 grand fixing it up it has a 350 with about 90k on it and its got the orginal 4 speed on the floor. real nice paint and grill gaurd and lights and step bars. my question is i want power and a/c in it and headliner, basically i want to turn it into a silverado. should i spend the money to fix it up or just go buy a silverado. im getting ready to go off to collage and i need help.

2. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Well it sounds like if you already spent $5000 on it you should keep it.. You sound like it might have some sentimental value as well.. So I guess you could spend a little more to upgrade to the things you want to do or keep it like it is and maybe buy something newer truck..

I think if you wanted to keep it and add the things you want the A/C would cost the most.. To get power windows and locks would just require some new doors from another truck.... A head liner is cheap to put in..

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

keep it adding those options wouldn't been to hard just start browsing the local junkyards for parts :xmas:

4. buffblazer

ya i think you guys are right its a nice blazer and for how much i love the 91's and all the nice stuff, i dont think i could part with my stick :crazy: it is just to much fun to hear the motor rev high and know you got the power to waste the guy next to you. plus i dont know about you guys but driving an auto is boring, i gotta have change when im driving and that change is the gears :grin: well thanks for your imput

5. Veefour

Veefour Registered Member

It's not worth the trouble, buy a silverado and sell me your current one for $100. :D

6. buffblazer

:eek: i think you forgot to add another 2 zeros to that offer but since we all make mistakes i wont think nothing of it and let you fix your error :grin:

7. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yes it is
    lift it, 14bff, cage it, and the free a/c conversion T.O.W.N.D.50mph (top off with no doors) :thumb:

8. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

I will pay $100.00

Is that better :D

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i want the non a/c parts- the inner and outer boxes and cables and harness and ducting and all bolts and screws

how much ?

would take two boxes to mail these, dont need the heater core so that can be removed before mail, ill buy a new one

i have 81 a/c system boxes and harness and controls and heater core and all that but not compressor or underhood lines

all still on truck

maybe we can deal ?

can mail real cheap post office parcel post rate and be fine,

thanks

10. buffblazer

well i dont know what im gonna do i might get the A/C or i might not i have gone this long without it so i might be able to make it for a little longer