Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-3/4t-bad boy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

ntw online has a suspension special section (http://www.ntwonline.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=48&Product_ID=1453&CATID=26) that is offering a 8" lift for $419. has anyone bought one of these or are they just crap? it sounds to good to be true. because i already have rear springs. and this is cheaper than two front springs? just wondering

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

A 8" lift in the rear without new springs is 2" add-a-leafs and 6" blocks! not a great combo to do I.M.O. Blocks suck, especially 6", and add-a-aleafs will make the suspension stiff. This kit doesn't seem to include shocks at all. add atleast another 100. No steering corrections, of ANY kind. You will need a steering arm, another 75, and maybe even the drop drag link, another 75. and what to do about those wicked driveline angles???? the 419.00 is a great "teaser" price, but add all the other stuff needed to make it work and it's not such a great deal! If i were gonna lift my truck up that high, with a kit of anykind, i would go spring rear. Blocks suck, but the shorter the block, the better.

3. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

it said it comes with shocks on the page before. i only need the pitman arm because i have a steering arm. i have the 4" rear springs. so i would probably do a shackle flip. basically i need the front springs. the shocks and the u bolts for it all which it says it comes with. i already have a shop in a town nearby. i live in the boonies. that is going to fix the angle probs. So... yeah. the blocks would be eliminated. i'm just curious of the front springs. the rest would be used for my farm sub to get a six inch lift on it using my old lift. trying to pull the old two for one.