Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LAZYMON, Aug 22, 2000.

1. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've been looking for a 73 Blazer or Jimmy for a while and found a 73 K5 for $2000. It's a rust bucket, floor boards, fender wells, door jams, you get the picture. The 350 has been rebuilt, it has a 4" Rancho lift and brand new 33 wild country tires. It's the Cheyene package. Should I pass on this one?

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

I would say it kinda depends on the running gear/drivetrain motor etc. Is it worth it to you to fix the body and or replace it. Body work can get very expensive if you dont know how to do it, although it could be a good time to learn. I'd have to see it because alot of rust to one fellow might not be that much to another. Just my opinion I could be wrong.

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has a brother in Texas who just sold a 72 blazer in good shape, minimal rust, for $3000. I just bought a 75 with 70k on it i would say it was in fair cond. and only paid $1100. Its all in what you want.
    Good luck,
    Carl....75 Blazer....Manhattan IL

4. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude, you can talk that down to about $1200. $2000 sounds a bit too much for a rust bucket. I bought my 75' for a bit less a while back and it was a rust bucket. I thought I got kindof ripped off, but no too bad. And the dude is right when he said body work can get expensive. Even if you do it yourself. Them parts aint cheap and it is hard work.
    Boss

6. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm passing on this one. The guy won't go under $1800 and it needs other things besides the rust fixed. Thanks guys for your opinions. My search continues. Till then I'll push the Subaru to it's limits.
    Laters

7. James

James 1/2 ton status

Lazymon,
    I think a blazer with that many years on it is worth what the buyer wants to pay for it. I will tell you this . If you are serious about being a blazerman. Talk him down. With the knowlege this site has to offer. You really don't have to know much. Just don't be afraid to ask question and tear into your projects. I paid 4200.00 for my 73chevy. I must admitt thats the truck I've always dreamed of though.Oh yah rust free. Lift, custom paint, interior, tires and rims.
    Peace
    James