Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud390, Jun 16, 2003.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Found a 1987 K5 that has been "lightly rolled." Both doors, the windshield, and front left "axle" are broken. He said the front end is good, but a few dents and cracked grill. The motor, 350 tbi, runs great and the tranny shifts fine. 4x4 works, except for axle. Everything is there. The top is ok. He is asking $750 for the whole shabang. Its 140 miles away from me. I have access to a trailer to get it home. Is it worth it?

Kris

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

FYI: There is NO such thing as a "light roll"

3. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

I'd have to say that's a little high myself. Of course if you really need that tbi 350 I guess it aint too bad. Just for comparison, in my local truck trader there is an 89 with a 305 but straight body that needs tranny work (700r4 junk) Guy's only askin $800 obo and it already has 4" lift and 33's. Of course this isn't a typical deal around here, most people think their trucks are made of gold or somethin! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm hopin this one's still around when I get paid! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

My plan for the truck was to swap off the body for a truck cab and some sort of bed. Either flatbed or shorty step side. With all the running gear being there and in good shape...except the front end needing, I think just a left axle shaft, it would be the perfect candidate. Whatcha think?

Kris

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

go for it, If your gonna wheel it, i wouldnt even worry about the body damage, Just beat it up more.

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If your just going to scrap the body anyway I would go for it, but try to talk him down a little on the price and check the to see if the frame is bent or cracked anywhere(I doubt it but it can't hurt).