Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is it worth waiting...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85gmcOD, Nov 13, 2006.

1. 85gmcOD

85gmcOD Registered Member

i just welded up the perches on my 14 bolt... i measured and got all my angles corect. i think it made sense to me at least. but i rolled my axle up 2 degrees but it looks like alot more than 2 but its only 2 degrees. i am plannin on using a cv style shaft i have 56 inch springs 6 inches of lift 6 in shackles and a 2 1/2 flip. will those 2 degrees end up benefiting me because of how he suspension will flex.. will the pinion on the axle end up rolling down and creat better angles or just screw me and ill have to use shims becaUse i screwed up.

2. 85gmcOD

and i forgot to ask is it worth just waiting and try out the shaft and see if it binds up at all??? that was actually my main question here but i kinda got off topic

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You are supposed to put it 2 degrees down, because when you roll forward, the axle tends to react by rolling backward thus lifting the front of it up about 2 degrees on most springs. More with softer springs.

4. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

if you're using a cv style shaft (assuming CV at the tcase output) the pinion should point directly at the tcase output, or a degree or two down from it, at rideheight.

5. 85gmcOD

thanks i guess i just got confused or somentin