Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is it wrong if......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GotLabs, May 14, 2006.

1. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

your seven year old asks to hear and knows the words to songs like:

George Jones I gotta get drunk
    Johnny Paycheck Take this job and shove it
    Jerry Reed Amos Moses
    Johnny Paycheck Song and dance man?

At least she aint singin 2 packs, or nelly.

What is yalls info on younguns and music?

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like what I listened to with my old man growing up.:waytogo: :saweet:

3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My 6 year old gets to hear my Cash cds when we are in the truck, she actually likes the tunes. Only thing is I do skip to the next when something I would not really want her hearing comes up, like how "Deliah got done" maybe:D

I try my best to watch what I have playing because there minds are like a magnet. Its amazing what and how they pick up stuff! and remember it !!

Clay

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Same here. I'd be proud! When I was in Kindergarten, for show and tell, I brought it a song for everyone. Oak Ridge Boys-Dig a Little Deeper in the Well. I can't figure out why a song would be show and tell, but the teacher played it.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

"G" rated...

Country music is mostly "G" rated,even the songs that have a cuss word or two,or deal with sex and drinking,are not that explicit....maybe David Allen Coe wouldn't be a wise choice for virgin ears though!..but for the most part,country songs are nothing to be afraid of letting your kids listen too..our local mainstream country station says its "music you can listen to with your kids,without the embarassing lyrics"...they even blank out the word "cocaine" in the Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow "Picture" song!:rolleyes: ..

Its probably the LAST genre of music to retain most of its decency and morals...though lately its been slipping..one mother I know was upset to hear her 6 year old daughter singing "Hell Yeah" to Gretchen Wilsons "Redneck Woman"song!...and Montgomery Gentry's "Hell Yeah" song..some others she wont let her listen too are "Size Matters" by Joe Nichols,and a few others..but its much less graphic than other music played on other stations..

But I say George Jones,Johnny Cash,Merle Haggard,and Johnny Paycheck songs wont cause any harm...I was listening to them when I was 5,and "a Boy Named Sue" was one of my favorites..and not just because of the "bad" words in it...its far more "cleaner" than Rap or Hip-Hop played today...

I think its cool your turning them onto the classic country artists..its sad,but many of todays younger folks dont knoe who Haggard,Jones,or Cash is..even sadder is many of the D.J.s dont either!...one I called for a request had never heard of Hank Jr.!.:confused: ..he must have been right out of high school....:rolleyes:

:crazy:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

John Michael Montgomery's "Four Wheel Drive", Brad Paisley's "Alcohol", Dixie Sluts "Earl Had To Die", Trace Adkins' "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk", all GREAT tunes for the impressionable young mind. :rolleyes:
    more than likely, he just realized he had a sucker that was gullible enough to buy that he had no idea who it was, and got to skip the outdated crap nobody wants to listen to anymore.

7. mofugly13

You mean real country music? Before Garth came along and it all went bubblegum?

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

oh dear god... not again... :rolleyes:

fact is, if it wasnt for the marketing expertise that is Garth Brooks, country music would be nowhere near what it is today. and im done....

9. mofugly13

What is it today, bubblegum pop with a fiddle now and then? I try and listen now and then, holding out hope, but it's all the same. I guess when you were raised on Willie, Merle, Jerry Jeff, Johnny(s), Waylon, and the real old school guys, the new stuff just doesn't cut the mustard.

But anyway, to each his own.

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My 9 year old daughter knows the words to most of Shania Twain's songs. She also likes Alan Jackson and Randy Travis.

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I like the old , but can get into some new too . And obviously if more than a few of us like the old , then someone should play it ............ and they do , on satellite radio :thumb:

Real country will make a comeback , along with real rock as well . Its brewing already .

I really like Gary Allen , Craig Morgan , Jason Aldean , and some others . Listen to their albums , its closer to country to what you may get to hear on the radio .

Most radio music is still payola , just they make it not look like it . Anything you win on the radio is more than likely "donated" by the record company . Yet on the albums are ten or 11 other songs that could be hits if they were only played , which 8 or 9 sound like real country .

LET YOUR EARS hear for yourself , pick up an album , listen online .

12. mofugly13

I have Sirius, I'll still try it out, but the result is always the same, major disappointment. Now, if Rage would just get back together....

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Try Roadhouse on Sirius , lots of classic stuff there :thumb:

14. mofugly13

That's what I listen to, I bounce between Roadhouse, Outlaw, and Bluegrass.

15. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was raised on outlaw country, waylon, williams, haggar, possum, DAC, willie, Kristopherson, Cash, and there are few others that I'm forgetting. I've been waiting for the day when country music got back to that. I've been burning up the Shooter album this week, man I'm really enjoying it. Good stuff if you like country outlaw type stuff.