Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is my sub blown?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zcarczar, Jun 2, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have an Audiobahn Alum12x and its hardly making any noise when its hooked up to an amp, but when i hook the other one to the amp it starts pounding away. Its still under warranty, and has anyone dealt with audiobahn for service? also how do i tell if my amp has died? it will blow all of the fuses as soon as i hook i up to any power source. its an audiobahn a 1300hc
    Thanks in advance

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i had alum10x break the spider cone, and it was probably my fault, and no calls, no questions, they just replaced it with an alum10q which is the new modle, and looks a little nicer around the magnet, and easier to wire up.

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

something for you to try is taking a different sub/speaker to the amp and power it up.. if it works fine then you know something is wrong with the sub... if it works fine then more then likely the sub is internally grounding itself and blowing the fuses on the amp.. hope this helps..

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

well the speaker isnt working, its putting out hardly any sound using my amp or my home stereo, but when i hook it up to the other sub is starts poundin away as soon as i plug it in
    About the amp, It keeps making this buzzing noise whenever i have it on, with the music either on pause or the volume low enough where i can hear it, it also makes the loud pops when i change the volume on the head unit from 0 to 1, and it makes a pop throug the sub when i change the hp crossover for the mids and tweeters.Im going to try another amp when my friend gets his, but what does everyone think? i think its bad, i just need some more opinions