Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is my tranny about to blow? or is there another explanation?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Apr 12, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

TH350. when i put her in reverse it takes a few seconds to engage. and it seems like when need to use a little power in reverse(like backing up a hill from a dead stop) she cant do it, it just slips. also, the shift from 2nd to 3rd is VERY sluggish and i can feel it slip a little before it makes the shift. the fluid level is perfect. any thoughts? i guess im gonna go price trannys on monday.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i would say so. if i were you i would start looking for a nother tranny and when it does go swap them. sorry to here that though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have checked your Transmisson filter?

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey ducttape, i will say this...
    You said now you can feel it slip in between 2nd and 3rd shift...
    Probally 4 months before my TH350 went out in my K5 i noticed my 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift at WOT right before it would shift it would rev then drop down in rpms and slip then bang into the next gear. Like there was a 1 second slipping delay in the shift.... But it worked fine for another few months till it went out completely slipping in all gears.... I kinda knew it was going. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

well i guess its time to go tranny shopping. damit. its good to know youre lasted a few months thou, that gives me a little time to do this up right. thanks man.