Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is ORU the only company that makes a SAS kit?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by yunit, Aug 13, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Might go SAS on the 92, just wondering what other companies make the kit?

2. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Do you realise how easy it would be to make your own? ORU is real expensive IMO.

Fabritech might have one?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

fabritech doesn't make one and I know I found another place or two that do but they are more expensive than the ORU kit. have you ever made a SAS setup there boss? I know its not difficult if you are mechanically inclined and have plenty of time but for lots of people its their daily driver and the idea of a weekend install is a very very good thing as well as the simplicity of not needing tools and such to fabricate a setup. I know lots of people say they wouldn't buy an ORU kit again after their first one but they usually say they are very glad they did the first time.

4. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

i think other companies make them but ive only seen kits for other vehicles,oru is the only company that ive seen
    make them for a full size chevy, i really dont think there
    that expensive 823.00 with shipping,if you think about all
    the work that goes into making one and the calculations needed for proper alignment excetera, thats a fairly cheap
    price compared to the time and material it took them to
    perfect it, you might even recover some of the cost if you can sell some of your ifs parts, just ordered mine yesterday, /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

Someone told me once that Chuck's Trucks in Fl. makes a SAS kit for your ride. You'd have to check with them to be sure. Hope this helps!

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Chuck's trucks sells just like a some crossmember with spring mounts and some rear spring hangers. Its a still homebrew kit. Its what I would get if I were going to make a homebrew setup but it still.

7. DirtySouthZ71

DirtySouthZ71 Newbie

If you want to get it done correctly without your rig sitting for a few weeks go ORU. I could have made mine but I needed the truck.