Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is r134 flammable??:?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Sep 16, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok...

had a suspicion I was 180 deg. out so I took the #1 wire, put is where the fifth thing would fire (not cyl 5, but the 5th thing on the dist. cap)...

well when I did this I heard something sound like it was leaking so I listened really good, and discovered it was my a/c valve... so I took it and barely turned it counter clockwise (like not even 1/8'th turn) and the stupid thing popped off emptying all my r134 (just got it charged, but my comp is bad anyway - bearing)...

anyway I am wondering if I can go start the thing now (actually started, but I quickly shut it off) or if * need to clean the r134 out good first... (I wiped off everything that actually looked the lime greeen) anyway if the r134 isn't flamable then I'll go start this thing and run it for 30 min... then time it etc.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I dont think its flammible but without a charge you have little oil and will toast the compressor quickly if it cycles. I would pull the belt and at least clean the oil off the manifolds.

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Nope not flamable just messy. [​IMG]
    The compressor won't cycle with out a charge.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok thanks guys... I think I'm gonna go start this stupid thing!!! wish me luck! [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>