Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is the meet and greet still on for the 3rd of July?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by google, Jun 24, 2005.

?

Are you going to show up to the river???

1. yeah

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. neah

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. maby

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. google

google 1/2 ton status

That's all... the last post just kinda wondered away after a while. I'm still planing on going up by the salt river. Apache Lake people seem to think is too far away. I know there is a big clearing just past the bridge going down the road to the river (POWER????) Anyway, I'll be there with my sister for sure. Maby my kids if it's not to terrably hot that day.... but then I can't have any beer :( ............. SO, let's get a good list of people here. Post up with a smile and hit the yeah, nah, maby

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'm still in but it's coming up here pretty quick. What's the current plan..

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Google,

I don't know you .... but I appreciate your efforts to get the Zonies of CK5 together. I'd like to say that I will attend.... but I have some reservations. I'll try to spell them out below:

You just gonna go hang down at the river? and do what? You know it's gonna be smokin' hot down there.... and what's to do? Can you take alcohol down there? ....if you can what's the chances of gettin a DUI on the way back on a Holiday weekend...? Wait - don't answer that.... I think this is not a smart plan if any drinking is to be done at all.

Again.... got tubes? ... or grille and food? I'm not trying to be critical of your idea of fun. Please don't take it that way. But I'm trying to figg'r out what the plans are. :dunno:

I bet you a beer that it's gonna be a scorcher!... Oh... wait ... can we drink that beer w/ out gettin' arrested out there? Seriously... can you have alcohol out there?

Why? ... is this the law... or something w/ you personally?

I hope I'm not coming off as an a$$. I know most of the Zonies that hang out here... and I hope most of them would not consider me to be too coarse. I also would enjoy meeting you and having a good time w/ fellow CK5ers. But under the plan that you've laid out, I'm just not sure it's gonna work....

Any others have any input? Maybe I'm way off base here..... and if I am, I apologize to you Google... and will just catch you next time. ...or are you open to other suggestions? Does anyone know if you can still 4 wheel back to the coves @ Butcher Jones? What about a pool party in town somewhere? Of course I don't have a pool big enuf for everybody.... but maybe somebody does? Is the Agua Fria river still running up by Table Mesa? We need a place w/ water to cool off, but not so much law around to spoil the fun... :dunno:

Marv

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Marv , I called here

For more specific information about the closure areas, including maps, visit the Tonto website at www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto or call 602-225-5200.

And yes Butcher is CLOSED . No light wheeling or beer drinking anywhere near the pit . Only the parking lot and beach is open :(

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Y'all just need to come up North. ;) . I am not going to make it down there.

A 4 day weekend is coming up for me, and I'm heading to the forest. I'm gonna check the restrictions on the Kaibab right now. Whatever you guys do, have fun , be safe. I'll be fishing, exploring, and generally screwing off in the mountains. It will be a family thing for us, We'll have kids with us too. Any and all are welcome to join. PM me or Rob and Marv have my numbers.
    Laters.

Fred

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Me and the GF have sunday the 3rd off. I am not up for wheeling in the friggin heat. I might be able to be talked into a BBQ if there is a pool nearby (thinks tripping distance)

7. pauly383

If someone brings it up and offers their place with pool , I still have cases of Miller my sis in law gave me ;)

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

womanly comments removed. Thank you :D :D :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Google,

I would suggest that you re-read the post that Marv posted, the tone of his voice is not to crush your idea. He is being helpful.

Understand something, we wheel all winter long, just about every other weekend. It's quite the season, lots of trips and lot's of wheeling. Summers are times for hanging out and staying out of the heat, in every shape and or form. We do everything we can to stay out of the crowds, and out of the sun. Pool partys, BBQ's, anything but sun duing the middle of the day.

The other thing you need to keep in mind, is a bunch of us have kids, and doing day trips, with kids in the heat is nuts!

Based on you respose to Marv's questions, in a good tone, I will give you some friendly suggestions. First, change the attitude of your post, no one is trying to talk anyone out of anything, there were some other suggestions as to getting together listed by Marv.

Second, remember that we are a very tight knit group, we like to get together, we just like to stay cool when we do it, and we like to have fun when we get together, but we like to be responsible when we do it.

Third, watch the attitude, no one is pissing on your parade, most on this forum respect Marv quite a bit, jumping his a$$ right off the bat is not the way to get off on the right foot with the AZ Crew.

Just my opinion.

Think about it.

Rob

10. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

According to your poll, only one person wanted to go besides you. If no one gave you any feedback, you couldn't know why no one wanted to go.
    You admited people think Apache lake is too far and Marv gave you what should have been some welcome feedback, and a closer option. [ table mesa/ agua fria] If you get upset any time someone anwsers you posts, then you might not find too many people who want too join you.
    I agree with Rob 'most on this forum respect Marv quite a bit, jumping his a$$ right off the bat is not the way to get off on the right foot with the AZ Crew.'One last comment is that it's a lot easier to try to join a run or meet&greet, than it is to host one.
    Good luck

11. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I won't be going since my Blazer is in Oklahoma City as we speak. I hope some of the oklahoma guys are as active as AZ. I could be a boring life out there if I'm not careful. I do still have my Montero here in town. I am thinking about taking it to Florence.

[​IMG]

Maybe Martinez Cabin for some camping. Any fire resrictions down there? My family will be gone to Oklahoma at that point so, I am free to play!! :) I was planning on Crown King but apparently the fires are keeping people away. :mad:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  12. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Google,

I owe you an apology. Apparently my message came off a little pointed - and this was not my purpose. :( I was only trying to be real about the possible outcome of your efforts to get the crew together.

Hopefully we will wind up meeting and be friends. I always try to welcome noob Ck5'ers and give everyone a fair chance at fittin' in. Perhaps I jumped the gun a little w/ you and I apologize.

Marv

13. FWP

FWP CRS

Bah, you don't need to apologize about anything Marv. Your post was fine. I got it, so did 99.9% of the other readers I'm sure.

14. google

google 1/2 ton status

Not your fault. I'm also a little testy when I'm at home with kids instead of at work with no worries LOL... But, I was a little irritated. Not at you personaly, but at both threads and attempts to make this happen, it seems that the more people that wanted to go, the more others would talk them out of it. I was in a pissy mood and I'm sorry. Like I said, not your fault. I'm a duche bag. I found out today that i'm not going to be able to go anyway. Not till late anyway. I have to work on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th now. So, if I went, it wouldn't be until 7pm or so anyway.

How about this. Me and my family will be at the Godaddy 4th of july show. Just be sure to drive your blazer if you go. Maby we'll run into eachother.

Sorry I was such a woman (no offense to women)

15. pauly383

Your funny sometimes :D

A meet and greet will happen soon enough . And you will be impressed with the locals here .

Marv and all of the Amigos would give you the shirt off their backs ..... literally , these guys just rock :grin:

Why don't you start another post later , and lets find a parking lot again in the evening when its colder .

Last year we had a good time with a flex ramp and a pretty decent group for a few hours !

16. google

google 1/2 ton status

Well, I get to meet marv today. I hope he doesn't kick my ass.... Anyway, I like your idea pauly. Me and marv spoke briefly about setting something up to do a meet and greet at a Dennys or something like that. Anyway, sorry to be an asshat again. I'll see you all soon enough. Later,

Brendon

17. bottomfeeder

Hey, I have an idea. Sometimes at ove of the bars I go to, they have A/C. we should meet at one of those places and sit around a drink some suds. I have to leave at the end of July and I wouold not mind meeting some more of you guys before I go. I don't mind having some beer either. The wife and kids will be leaving this Friday and I will need something to do for the rest of the month. :D

18. pauly383

So we have a bar , and we have beer ...... I guess the wifes drivin if it happens :D

19. bottomfeeder

20. google

google 1/2 ton status

But who's gunna drive me? I've already learned my lesson. No drinking and driving for me. And my kid is only 2... he can't reach the gas yet. That would be cool though. Salty Siniorita's (SP) in Scottsdale is cool. My cousin works there. Kinda loud though. Maby a dive bar would be better. Someplace quiet. Or the dive strip club in chandler. Hmmm. Where is everyone. Maby we can find a good place in the middle and find a day that most people aren't working or doing the family thing. 4th is out for me cause I'll be with my wife and kids, but I have the 5th off.