Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is the obsession getting worse?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 5, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Well guys, I don't think I have run into a K5 owner that's not obsessed. The obsession can cause relationship problems, financial problems, and even medical problems. I'm just curious about the replies you guys give when someone starts bad mouthing about your truck? A recent incident occured between my ex-gf and me last Saturday. She stated, "All you do is put money into your truck, you won't help me out with a small doctor bill, but you'll go and drop a <<beep>> load of money into your truck. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE BUT YOUR G-<<BEEP>> TRUCK!" I responded with an immediate retaliation, "Well, the reason why I'm dropping a lot of money into it is because it KEEPS BREAKING and IT HAS GIVEN ME A HELL OF A LOT MORE LOVE'N THAN YOU EVER DID and at least I HAVE A CAR!" I had a group of friends sitting there when the whole thing started and they couldn't beleive that I just shot her down. Is your obsession, or love, getting you in trouble?

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

ROTFLMFAO!!! At least she is an EX-girlfriend!!! LOL! She cant tell you what to do anymore if she is an EX!!! Tell her where to stick it!!! And, at least your blazer doesnt bitch back to you like your ex does!!! LOL! [​IMG]

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A good friend of mine is getting maried in May. He and his fiancee decided to have the wedding in New Brunswick(on the East coast of Canada) because that's where she's from. It costs about $900 to fly there, so between plane tickets for me and my wife, and hotel and car rental and meals and drinks we were looking at a $2300 weekend..............

I tried to explain to him that I couldn't really afford a trip like that, and I was REALLY sorry that we couldn't make it, and the bastard comes back with this- "What do you mean you can't afford it? You just spent four grand painting your truck!!!!!! Who's more important, me or your piece of $h!t Blazer????!!!!"

I had too many friends anyway................[​IMG]

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</A>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

4. ok, k30 guy, what the hell kinda acronim is ROTFLMTAO?!?! you guys have all these acronims on this site- i think all i've figured out is LOL. even that took me a while. guess i'm slow.

my wife loves the blue beast- even when it consumes large amounts of my time- and money. i tell her, " i could have worse habbits." i've even got her trained to spot cool trucks and blazers of different generations. the blue beast was actually a surprise christmas present from her because i had sold my last k5 to pay for our honnymoon. what a woman! the point of my story? get one that supports your obsession. but remember they have obsessions too. when i met my wife she had collected 250 pairs of shoes!!! i've built her three shoe racks sense then.

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

oh if you only knew the problems my toys have caused.suffice to say that i lost a gf or 2.there were times long ago that it was a tuff decision to feed the truck or myself.(ok if i skip lunch i can go out then ill have dinner tonite.)came close to getting divorced once over my truck,after things cooled off i reasoned w/ my better 1/2 to agree that at least im not at a bar or chasing other women.havent had many probs since.funny how things change when you put em in pespective.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

6. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

My wife is alway on me about the money that I send on my blazer. All I have to say about that is it keeps me out of the BARS and she is always asking to drive mine instead of hers. So I let it go at that. Love my blazer but also love the warm body next to me on a cold night.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

&lt;sigh&gt; Men...... 'nuf said..... [​IMG] kidding.....

I have the same problem ('cept with boys). I am obsessed with my Blazer and scare of off the boys. Every guy with the exception of one has had a small car. They don't get my wanting to constantly take things apart on it and doing stuff to it....I am always broke from spending my money on it. I never want to go out if I can stay in and tweek the Blazer. I got in arguements over this with them all. They were like me or the Blazer?! I still have the Blazer.....&lt;sigh&gt; If only I could find a cute guy who loves K5's, country music, horses (cowboy), is a Christian, likes my weird sense of humor/personality and cats.... the search shall continue [​IMG] ............

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"
    Suck fumes Ford Boy!!

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Glad this hasn't happened.........yet - GF's dad has a K5 though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

How could you not love your K5s?

They always find a way home (one-way-or-another). They always take a leak in the same spot so its easy to clean up. They are low maintence if need be. They don't mind if you beat'em. You should be able to find them easly (not like you have to search all over the house for 'em, like you do for the remote[​IMG]) You can find another one if you don't like the one you have and not loose half your crap doing it. You can fit all your buddys in 'em with out going to court (that one was bad, I know, -see disclaimer below) They don't mind alittle gas. Putting your foot down is always a good thing. Yuppies don't like it, but your dog loves it. The heaters rock. You can have as meny as you want. At least you can -see- where your money is going. And shoes last for at least a year or two. They never go out of style. Dressing them up involves shinny objects. Some of the parts come with bubble wrap. They don't b!tch if you get lost. They don't need to be -on time-, Owning one invloves getting more tools. You can read about them and not get "emotional" about it. You don't have to say a word to them, and their O.K. with that. If you ignore them, they won't leave. Parts interchange between 'em, so if you like something on one, you can swap it to the other. Tops come off [​IMG].

Disclaimer; All opinions or views expressed in the above thread are that of the author and are intended to inform and/or entertain, ColoradoK5 and its members are in noway endorseing or condoning such behaveyour or opinions.

Twiztid. Check ya latter,

Going to the drags in LosVagas, be back monday.

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Well, I used to get weird looks when I was at college up in the parking lot doing something or tweeking something. I didn't have a lot of freinds who were girls, cause they thought it was weird. There was a girl that used to make snide remarks to me about working on my trucks until one day, she was at a drive through and I was behind her and about two or three other cars. Well, her car died. She had an old GM (one of those big boat cars). Anyway, she had everything backed up. I got out and helped her push it into a parking space, popped the hood and took off the air cleaner and watched as she cranked it over. I jammed a screw driver into the carb to open the choke and it fired right up. I had some bailing wire in the back of my pick up and tied the choke open. I said, "Take it to a mechanic and tell them you have a choke problem." And then left. I don't really run into the, "You spend more time blah blah blah" thing cause me and my hubby do it together. That's how we spend time together.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

11. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Im pretty sure im geting ubsesed....I tent to skip school.because I cant think of any thing but the blazer...my profesors are getting mad, also I tent to work for long periods of time on it...then when I stop to do somthing elso like answer the call of nature...I relize I havent ate anything for 6 hours let alone drink any thing...and and the MONEY i spend!
    shesh....I wish I had more time and money...and Ive only found a few ladies that apriecate the workings of my truck and theres(and the time it takes)..and they all have boyfriends!...oh the humanity!
    Does this site have a head doctor? lol

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

12. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I think the head doc is having the same probs as us so he wouldnt be much help

- SlyDog [​IMG]

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I agree w/ K30... Best way to put it..."F- 'em!". Yeah there are extremes and what not obviously... but is a lot better then some things... just find one that will love you and your k5!
    I can't say I've had this problem with a K5 addiction... but I must say I'm way addicted right now... Gawd please let the 35's be big enough LOL [​IMG]. But I have had problems because of my drag racing... But I always tell them right away "I'm a racer... might not be any food on the table, but I'll have a new hot set of cylinder heads for the dragger". At 23 I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I want in a compainion so I usually sort through them quickly (funny how my buds seem to think I'm some manwhore LOL)

*Also just for the record... the ladies and wives/gf's who are on here get a thumbs up from me... You gals are cool as hell. Especially from the sounds of it, many were none to thrilled to begin with.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI