Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is the PS3 really that cool?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Nov 17, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no. It'll be $199 in a few years... I'll wait. Not sure why peeps are so worked up / excited / stupid about this. Its common knowledge that the console makers intentionally leak out a SMALL supply at first so as to create huge demand and TONS of free advertising on the news etc.

j

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i overpayed a little for mine... 3K but i had to have it and let me tell you, it kicks ass

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

most of the people out there are getting them strictly in order to selll them for mega profit.

DOOD you payed 3000 dollars as in a 3 followed by 3 zeros for a ps3????!! Good loard man!

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Retarded....

7. MTChevy

im just kidding by the way... last game console i ever owned was a playstation 1

8. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3 grand:screwy:

9. MTChevy

exactly... i couldnt believe seeing people on e-bay pay that much! highest i saw that had bids was 9G's!!!!

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I got into games for a while................Kinda dumb ......Real life is way more fun............Plus you have a lot more to loose than "Game over"

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I find them a nice addition to life. You have to learn to balance life and games though. If you are sitting around on friday night playing a game and the choice of "should I go out or keep playing?" comes up, GO OUT!

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The shooting people and paying $3000 is stupid, but if that was your thing (not mine) its probably just as stupid to a gamer that we spend the $$$ that we do to destroy trucks by driving places that they were never meant to be. I'm guessing that there are lots of people that think that wheeling a Suburban is a bit on the nutty side. Its all perspective.

13. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well people that are building trucks are actually doing something (physical) and when the truck is done you go out and enjoy what you have built in real life. Sitting, getting fat, and having zits playing games all day and night is just stupid IMO.

14. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I was in best buy the other night. you should have seen some of the "winners" that were camping out in tents and sleeping bags on the sidewalk in front of the store.

I just don't get it. It's not like they're getting the first ones and it's not a good deal. If I was into gaming that much I'd atleast be smart about it and wait a month to save a couple hundred bucks. We've even talked on this topic in my marketing class. Within 1 month from it's release the price will drop significantly

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I agree with you, but you wouldn't catch me sleeping outside a parts store waiting for a D60 when I could just wait a few months for it. Not to mention there's no way I'd pay 5-6 times sticker price for a part rather than wait either.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I doubt it will be one month, but you're right, I'm sure it will be lower in January.

The key here is that there will be parents who think this will be the ultimate gift for their kids. They aren't going to wait til after christmas, they want it to be a big shining "Holy smokes dad I can't believe you got it" thing under the christmas tree.
    If there are a dozen on every shelf and dad can run in and grab it christmas eve, that's a lot less dedicated than struggling and paying through the nose to get it. Most of the people in line are getting it to re sell. I read a lot of interviews and heard a lot about the people waiting the other morning when I was helping with an entertainment event, it seemed like 1 out 10 people camping out for these things were actually getting it for themselves. Everyone else is expecting to make 200% profit through ebay or craigslist.

17. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

What cracks me up is that for $3k one could build a PC that would BURY a PS3 in terms of graphics and speed. Silly consolers.......:haha: :haha: :haha:

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't pay 6 times retail for anything, but if gaming is what moves you, I have no problem with that.

19. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I dont think its really the "gamers" that are there, I mean there are a few here and there, but I believe alot of the people there judging by the people in line when I went by walmart the other day were there b/c they think if they get the ps3 for their kids it makes them a better parent. stooopid, and thats who is buying them on ebay for 2-10 times the price as well. My buddy got one just to sell it and make alot of cash, then pick one up when the price falls in jan-march.

20. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i watched ebay all day when the ps3 came out just to see how high the bids got. I watched one system sell for 15k. It had about 50 bids on it, and sold for 15,000 bucks, for a system and 3 games. somebody made a profit.