Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is the site moving slow for anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 7, 2002.

seems to be intermitent. goes fast and then boom i can't even get a page to load.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im getting the same thing. In fact it did it when I tried to reply to this. LOL!

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I don't think slow even describes it. It seems to have been really bad the last couple of days. Seems every time it happens the " who's online " says about 50 people that are visable. would'nt think that, that little of people would cause it to slow that much.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

slowwwwwwwwwww

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yup......same thing for me all day. When it stalls, the only way I can get it to restart is to close CK5 down for a few minutes and then re-open it. It's worked for me, but I must admit I'm getting sick and tired of using the good ol' CTRL-C to copy posts in case I lose them. I learned that trick after the first few times I had to retype a reply...............

5. this must be one of those times when its moving fast cause i just got a bunch of repleys. hurry quick, everyone post now before it slows again!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Its moving OK now. but itll have a brain fart again soon Im sure. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yup and it's gettin kinda OLD...

8. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Moving slow on and off for me... I am ready to send my money in to become a member, but would like a stable server first..

I go to Explorer4x4.com all the time ( i own a 98 explorer) and the server there flys.. maybe someone should contact Rick ( the owner and see what he is doing to get such great speeds)

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Steve has done a lot of upgrades in the past couple of months.. It cost money.. The more people that sign up the more upgrades he can do...Dan

10. Can Can

And I don't wanna sound rude, but traffic-wise I'll bet there's no comparison between CK5 and Explorer4x4.com............

How many registered members do you guys have over there? I'm just curious and not trying to be a dink./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

I am willing to bet there is more traffic then here.. I really don't want to get into a flame war of Chevy vs Ford yada yada yada as i own both. I was just stating my mind! sorry if i pissed anyone off.

Well, just for sh#$ and Giggles i went over and there are 225 people online right now.. It may have ALOT to do with the different boards used.. Anyway go over and check it out.. All i was saying is that MAYBE Steve could get som ideas from Rick.

12. Can Can

No flame intended, brother!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just curious......

Of course, it kinda makes sense that there would be more people there than here. I mean, those Exploders are in CONSTANT need of repair......../forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just jokin' around, bro.

13. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I get the slowness too. I found that it seems even slower when there are a lot of people on at the same time like earlier today i saw about 30-50 people online at the same time.so i think that when i come online you should all leave so i get a good connection /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

that isn't it, I was on last night with 9 others and it was just as slow as when there are 50 on /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif it does it get old quick havening to copy and paste post to make sure they go through, or haven to hit back and retry like 3 times just to read a post /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    either way I'm still putting in my 8 hours a day,LOL

15. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

For the last 3 to 5 days we have had constant problems with this site loading. On Friday I tried to open up a PM. After 15 minutes of waiting, the page still had not loaded. And the little blue bar that shows the progrees at the bottom of the page was only at 3/4. Wayne thought it was our internet provider until I showed him that you can load other pages in half the time that it takes to load 1 page here.

16. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Slow aint the word for it. Like was said does not matter how many people are on here.

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Some days I wonder what my membership paid for ..... Not to be a dink, but I did it to help the site ....... I may as well save my money and deal with the slow site !

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't think your being a dink and I think others would agree with you.....

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

How many members are there anyhow? I know there's at least what? 100 right (I am sure I am way low on that guess)? So at $2500 to start that should have helped buy a really nice server? Maybe the server is bunk and they need to get Steve another one since there service seems to not be so hot? I can't even get onto the site from 5pm-7:30pm my time and all through out the day it crashes...