Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is the stuff to dry gas out (Iso-heet, etc)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Oct 2, 2006.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

just isopropyl, i.e. rubbing, alcohol, or does it have other stuff in it?

I think I just killed my fuel filter from the water in my tank, poor truck's been sitting all summer... I could go get a coupla bottles o' Iso-Heet, but if'n I can use a big jug o' alcohol from the hardware store... :rolleyes:

-- A

2. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I have a tank sitting on my side yard if it would help you at all. :confused:

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Oh, ain't no thang ... the diagnosis of bad fuel filter was because it wouldn't run past idle with the (brand new!) one, so I replaced it ... but they're the external ones inline with the carb, so it's not like it's expensive. Just frustrating when you're trying to testfit the truck onto the dolly and it won't run, two days before leaving for Blazer Bash!

I thought the $&@^&$@ thing had run out of gas and the gauge was busted, so there I am dinking with the sender and running to fill a jerry can... and it's a freakin fuel filter. But I'm not huffy. :rolleyes:

To answer my own question, I came across a bottle of the stuff in my shed, and yup, it's isopropyl alcohol. Tossed what was left into the truck, and maybe I'll do some more 'fore leaving.

-- A

4. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

gas line deicer around here is methyl hydrate, the stuff you buy in the little bottes at the gas station......thats all it is, here anyways.