Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is There a better feeling

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theperfectgarage, May 3, 2006.

1. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Then after a long battle r n r'ing a tranny/t-case combo with your pos home brew tranny jack at night after a long day at work and you feel the threads engage on that first bell housing bolt and you know your not done but you know your in the homestretch ? Man, it was a great feeling last night.:D
    Note to self, I will never :wink1: do that again untill I buy a real, top quality tranny jack. ( yeah,right, I've only been doing this for 30 years ).
    I looked at the ones in the snap-on catalog this morning ( believe me, price would not have mattered last night at 11:00 pm ) but can any one turn me on to other brands that work well ? It needs to be real stable as I always pull tranny/ t- cases together. BTW, I mean the low style, I don't have a lift.
    Thanks, Cary

2. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Then you realize that you forgot the spacer that goes between the trans and engine.....

3. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

"You did partly fill the TC with fluid...didn't you...?"

4. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Torque converter.... ****.... nah, just kidding, yes I partially filled it.:D Youse guys are funny.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I spent two weekends with misc jacks and straps, then I went and rented a good jack and got it done in 20 min:eek1: