Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is there a easy way to check if the injectors work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgetruck91, Mar 9, 2004.

1. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

my injectors arnt spraying fuel, is there a way to see if they work or not? i think my ecm is bad or isnt getting power. thanks, /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Nothing at all? Will the truck start? I would check all your connections around the tbi first (especially the ones on the top of the injectors). Then go from there, checking for power with a DVOM at the injector wires, making sure you have good grounds...etc...

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well check the power, and then fuel lines to see if you are getting fuel, if thats all fine then they aren't working. Even at idle there should be plenty of fuel shooting out.

4. dodgetruck91

well here is what happened,
    truck has been in storage for 2 months, turn key fires up no prob idles great, revs fine, 5 mins later i hit head light switch and engine dies. try to restart and wont with out eather, but then it doesnt even stay running, takes about 10 tries with eather to get it to run. now it wont even do that. it cranks fine, but headlights still dont work. turn signals work and power windows ect, but it wont fire or get gas under its own power, there is power to the fuel pump. I have no idea what to do, im considering going to a qudra jet and just r edoing the wires for all the lights. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

checked fuses? Maybe a mouse chewed a wire and grounded, it, sounds like a fuse blew when you flipped on the lights.

6. dodgetruck91

all fuses are good, there isnt a fuse for the headlights.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

With the key in the "on" position there should always be 12 volts at one terminal of each injector (check between the terminal and a good ground). The ECM just applies ground to the other side to fire the injectors. If you have the 12 volts at the injectors but still no spray then the ECM isn't doing its thing. I'd spend some time checking out the wiring before doing an intake swap. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif