Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is There a Happy Medium?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mountainibis, Apr 29, 2003.

1. mountainibis

mountainibis Registered Member

I have 36" Swampers on my rig. I know they can't be beat off-road, but I drive too much on the pavement to be burning through tires that wear as quick as those do.

What mud tires have y'all had good luck with that are quieter and wear better than TSL's, but still do a decent job in the dirt/mud?

2. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

I Used to have a Nissan /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif pick-up that I at first put 31" BFG muds on that were pretty good on road and off. When I finally was able to afford a lift I bought a set of 33" Mud Kings and was surprised to find them much quieter on the road and handling was at least as good as the more expensive BFG's. Tread pattern was nearly identical so off-road was a toss-up. I think 35x12.50 is their largest size though. Tread wear never seemed to be excessive either(was a teenager at the time = LOTS of drivin!)

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I have to say the BFG MTs I have do a great job. I drove the truck for about 7 years daily I think 4 or 5 of those were on the BFGs. I'm thinking now about staying with the brand and going with the Krawlers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif