Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there a place that sells plastic model parts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BillyBob, Apr 30, 2002.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I'm just wondering if there is. I got a K-5 model at the englishtown swap meet here in Jersey. It's called the "Mad Mudder 2" or something along those lines. The thing is, it's a full blown mud racing truck, but I wanna make it look more like a street truck (no zoomies, huge manifold w/ double carbs, racing seat). I've already made this model once, w/ a 454 and seats out of a 70 chevelle I killed by accident ( and it was to scale too!) So, I need a whole buncha parts to make it look like I want. Problem is, I don't wanna break up any of the models I have. Is there such a place that sells single parts for custom applications?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm sure there are, but don't know who they are. There is a guy over on the Race-Dezert message board that custom builds race truck models, you might want to try checking with him.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> What's the address over there ?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=general&amp;Number=17174&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=93&amp;part=>http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=general&amp;Number=17174&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=93&amp;part=</a>

Here's a link to one of his posts where he showcased some of his work.

5. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

I think Hobbytown USA sells individual parts. I can't remember exactly what the carry, I'm usually there for RC parts. I'll check next time I'm there.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Tell me more of what you're looking for ....... as in every other hobby, there are a ton of places that sell parts and stuff ....... need more input however !