Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is there a "ram jet" kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Jun 23, 2002.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

is there a \"ram jet\" kit

I was wondering if anyone knew if chevy sells the parts to convert a 350 to the Ram Jet fuel injection?

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: is there a \"ram jet\" kit

Yes n no /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ....................you would do better to buy the actual Ram Jet motor! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif By the time you got all the necassary parts /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ,you'd be into it for over or about the price of the complete Ram Jet Engine. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I checked it out with the boys at GM! They really don't waana sell it in parts form unless you need a replacement part for one you have! The parts cost is so outlandish that $4000.00 for the whole kit n kabootle is a far better deal. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Whats the difference between the Ram Jet and TPI?

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Look out , Dyeager's gonna come and get ya, /forums/images/icons/wink.gif . Actually I asked the very same question, try the search feature for it. Dyeager pointed out the fact the RamJet doesn't have an 02 or Vehicle Speed Sensor, so it can't do as good of a job as a stock TPI units. I'd still run it if there was such a kit. I thought I could buy it piece by piece, but the computer alone is like $400.

Here is the parts list of that motor RamJet350 . Take the part numbers and type them in at GM Parts Direct

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ram Jet is a complete, self contained multi point injection system that only needs a power wire, ground wire and fuel to set up and run in your rig. The O2 sensor issue is easily overcome by buying the Arizona Speed and Marine 'Closed Loop Kit' for about $500 to make it fully capable. It will rev more than a TPI motor I believe, but think the torque numbers will be down some, tho I shouldn't say that since I really don't know! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Cost is the one factor that I can speak to - you could put together a TPI motor pretty much for half the cost of the Ram Jet if you did your homework.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nah, don't need to, Frank got it. Buy a half a$$ setup like the Ramjet, or, for half as much, get a real TPI setup, that wasn't designed for a boat. $500 "closed loop" kit? LMAO, who wants to buy my new MFI setup?

You get a state of the art monkey sitting on the engine pouring gas into the intake, you just yank on the leash to dump more gas. Could probably could do it cheaper than a ramjet too. For $500, I could probably throw food for a year in with it as well.