Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is there a rebuild kit for power steering pumps?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 3, 2002.

mine leakes from behind the pulley and the pulley has a slight wobble to it. but it doesn't sweel or grown and otherwise works great. so can i get it rebuilt - some kind of new seal and bearing or do i junk it and take my chances on a junk yard one?

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had the same problem,but instead of buying a rebuid I just replaced the whole pump. I went to the local parts store and got a new pump and reseivor for $75 bucks.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've replaced the seals in one before. It's not too hard, if you have the tool to remove and install the pulley. Otherwise, fuggeddaboutit! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The seals are pretty cheap.

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

You can go to your local dealer & get an AC Delco re-man pump for 70.00 to 80.00 bucks and be done with it....
    Jim

4. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I got a reman pump w/ resivoir at Napa for $45. A $16 core charge. Deffinetly use an install/removal tool on the pully. I got 1 thru loan-a-tool at Autozone, $40 deposit.
    Later Ed

5. napa seems like the ticket. for some reason i thought they where more than that. thanks all

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya, what he said...lol...you can get a seal for it for like 3-4 dollars, and you just gotta get or have the tool for the pully.

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

When I did mine I had a harbor freight puller, it broke the first time out of the box.
    I just took the pump (once removed from the resivoir) to Napa where I bought the pump and they removed the pully.
    The new pump will come with a pully installation tool.