Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there a slip yoke eleminator kit for a NP208?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if I can get the style of kit that is offered for the NP241 for my 208 in my 1986 blazer . I have not reasearched this so dont flame my thread. I would also if there is away to get rid of the slip yoke if there is a kit not avaliable .Thanks, KLink /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

I dont think there is a kit, because there are dodge 208 cases that have a standard yoke. You just swap the parts into your 208 and be done with it.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

There isn't a kit like the one for the 241. Also, the dodge conversion isn't 100% bolt together because the dodge rear case doesn't have mounting points for the strut.

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

There is a kind of slip yoke eliminator for them, but all it really is, is a hole drilled/tapped into the output shaft and a bolt inserted there. It does nothing for the length but it does keep it from slipping out, worthless in my opinion.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

There is no good kit available, which is amazing due to the millions of 208 cases sitting in Chevys and Fords around the world.

There is the Dodge/Chevy hybrid plan, but only a couple of guys here have ever done it and to be a direct replacement, you have to weld chevy threaded parts onto the back half of the Dodge case you would be using. I looked around here and Dodge fixed yoke 208 cases are like $350+ in scrapyards.

Then there is the bolt on flange that goes with an unmodified 208. It will actually shorten your driveshaft a little bit. This solves the driving with no rear driveshaft and spline binding problems, but doesn't get rid of any slip-yoke slop. You can see an example here

I heard Jess at high angle was working on one, but it has never materialized. Not knowing any better, I think it should be pretty similar to the kit for the 241.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Andy SYE's 208s, PM him.

7. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is no good kit available, which is amazing due to the millions of 208 cases sitting in Chevys and Fords around the world.

There is the Dodge/Chevy hybrid plan, but only a couple of guys here have ever done it and to be a direct replacement, you have to weld chevy threaded parts onto the back half of the Dodge case you would be using. I looked around here and Dodge fixed yoke 208 cases are like $350+ in scrapyards.

Then there is the bolt on flange that goes with an unmodified 208. It will actually shorten your driveshaft a little bit. This solves the driving with no rear driveshaft and spline binding problems, but doesn't get rid of any slip-yoke slop. You can see an example here

I heard Jess at high angle was working on one, but it has never materialized. Not knowing any better, I think it should be pretty similar to the kit for the 241.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the fixed yoke dodge 208 that i got when I traded an old th350 from a 2wd was a good deal then? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have a Dodge/Chevy hybrid 208. All I know is in fact it has some custom welding done to it, I've never taken it apart, much less got it on yet...........

9. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I also have a chevy/dodge hybrid. You have to weld a piece inside the case and you have to weld the threaded pieces for the support rod.